“Zucchini Carpaccio” is a delicious salad that effortlessly enchants the eyes and taste buds. With a beautiful array of zucchini colors, this dish presents a visually stunning masterpiece on the plate. The fragrant mint notes perfectly complement the mild but refreshing taste of the zucchini. Topped off with the salty richness of ricotta salata adds a luxurious touch to this already irresistible feast for the senses. Prepare for a simple yet sophisticated salad that will leave a lasting impression.
- 1-2 zucchini (ideally a mix of yellow and green)
- a handful of mint leaves
- a handful of toasted pine nuts
- finely grated zest and juice of an untreated lemon
- Handful of wild arugula
- 50 g ricotta salata, pecorino or parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved
- Trim the ends of the zucchini so they are about 12cm long each.
- Using a mandoline or swivel-blade peeler, cut four thin slices from each zucchini (use the scraps and scraps for another dish).
- Arrange the zucchini on two plates, overlapping them (alternate colors if you used yellow and green) and trim the edges of the plate to create perfect rectangles.
- Season with sea salt flakes and half the lemon juice. Put aside.
- Stack the mint leaves on top of each other, roll up tightly and then chop finely.
- Scatter mint, pine nuts and rocket over the zucchini.
- Drizzle everything generously with olive oil and more lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Finish with the lemon peel.
Equipment and tools
- Vegetable peeler
- Mandoline slicer (optional)
- citrus press
- Toaster or frying pan (for roasting pine nuts)
This zucchini carpaccio recipe contains nuts and dairy products. Please ensure that all ingredients used are suitable for your dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The carpaccio is best enjoyed fresh, but it can be kept for up to 2 days.
Health Benefits of Zucchini Carpaccio
Zucchini carpaccio is a refreshing and light dish that will not only delight your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this recipe is a great addition to a balanced diet. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of these key components:
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, are low in calories but high in essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. In addition, zucchini contains high levels of vitamins A and C, antioxidants that support immune function and promote healthy skin.
Mint leaves not only give carpaccio a refreshing taste but also provide various health benefits. They are rich in antioxidants and can support digestion, relieve indigestion and reduce inflammation. Mint leaves also have a calming effect on the body and can help relieve headaches and promote better sleep.
Roasted pine nuts
Pine nuts are a great source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated fats and omega-6 fatty acids. These fats have positive effects on heart health and can help lower bad cholesterol levels. In addition, pine nuts provide important minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc, which are important for general well-being.
Lemon zest and juice
The zest and juice of a lemon not only give the carpaccio a tangy taste, but also provide several health benefits. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system and helps the body absorb iron. They also contain antioxidants that can protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Wild arugula, also known as arugula, is a green leafy vegetable that gives carpaccio a peppery flavor. It is a rich source of vitamins A and K, which are essential for maintaining healthy bones and promoting proper blood clotting. Arugula leaves also contain antioxidants and nitrates, which support cardiovascular health.
Ricotta Salata, Pecorino or Parmesan
The choice of cheese in the carpaccio adds extra flavor and texture. Ricottasalata, pecorino or parmesan are all rich in calcium and protein, which are essential for strong bones and muscles. These cheeses also contain vitamins A and B12, which are important for the nervous system and red blood cell production. If you prefer a vegetarian option, vegetarian alternatives are available.
Zucchini carpaccio is a nutritious dish that combines a variety of health-promoting ingredients. Whether you want to maintain a healthy weight, boost your immune system, or improve your heart health, this recipe has you covered. Enjoy the delicious flavors while benefiting from the many health benefits!