Introducing our delicious recipe “Pasta with Zucchini, Broccoli and Gremolata”, a delicious dish that is both refreshing and filling. This recipe is full of flavor and ideal for warm summer evenings when you’re craving something light but fulfilling. Together with a crisp salad, it is an excellent way to use up the remaining ingredients and create a summery feeling. With the freshness of zucchini, the vibrancy of broccoli and the aromatic gremolata, this pasta dish is a true culinary delight. Treat yourself to a bowl of this wonderful creation and let your taste buds dance with joy!
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- Zest 2 lemons and add a splash of juice
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 400g pasta sheets or other shapes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- For the gremolata, mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice with the parsley and some spices.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the broccoli and cook until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring the water back to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the zucchini and fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes until they start to turn golden brown. Add the broccoli and continue to cook until heated through, 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the cooking water, then add the pasta and cooking water to the pan with the vegetables and gremolata. Mix well and serve.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- citrus press
- Big pot
Allergens: N/A (Please check specific ingredients for potential allergens)
Storage and leftovers
To store leftovers, transfer the pasta to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To serve, heat the pasta in the microwave or on the stove, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Note: For optimal freshness, leftovers are recommended to be consumed within 3 days. Discard any pasta that appears spoiled or has an unusual smell.
Health Benefits of Zucchini, Broccoli and Gremolata Pasta
When it comes to making a delicious and healthy pasta dish, the combination of zucchini, broccoli and gremolata is a winner. Not only does this recipe provide an explosion of flavor, but it also offers numerous health benefits that can contribute to your overall well-being.
1. Packed with nutrients
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, is low in calories and rich in essential nutrients. They contain fiber, which supports digestion and ensures that you feel full for longer. Additionally, zucchini is rich in vitamins A and C, potassium and manganese, all of which play an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system and regulating blood pressure.
2. Promotes heart health
Both zucchini and broccoli contribute to heart health due to their high antioxidant content. Antioxidants protect the body from oxidative stress and inflammation, which are often linked to heart disease. In addition, broccoli is an excellent source of fiber and contains compounds that promote healthy cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Supports weight management
By incorporating zucchini and broccoli into your pasta dish, you’re adding nutrient-dense vegetables that are low in calories. They add volume to your meal and make you feel full without consuming excessive calories. This can be beneficial for weight control and maintaining a healthy body weight.
4. Promotes digestive health
The high fiber content in zucchini and broccoli promotes digestion and keeps your digestive system healthy. Fiber gives stool volume, prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movements. It also acts as a prebiotic, nourishing the beneficial bacteria in your gut and supporting a healthy microbial balance.
5. Provides essential vitamins and minerals
The gremolata in this pasta recipe, made with garlic, lemon zest and parsley, adds an extra dose of health benefits. Garlic is known for its potential to boost the immune system and reduce the risk of certain diseases. Lemon peel is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which supports collagen production and strengthens the immune system. Finally, parsley is rich in vitamins A, K and C, as well as minerals such as iron and calcium.
In summary, zucchini, broccoli and gremolata pasta are not only a filling and tasty meal but also provide numerous health benefits. From supporting heart health and digestive function to promoting weight management and providing essential vitamins and minerals, this recipe is a delicious way to boost your overall well-being.