Looking for a quick and delicious vegetarian meal? Our zucchini and ricotta tart is the perfect option for you. With just one puff pastry base you can prepare a delicious dish in just a few minutes. Layered with thinly sliced vegetables, fragrant basil and creamy ricotta cheese, every bite is packed with flavor. Whether you are an experienced cook or a beginner, this recipe is easy to prepare yet impressive to serve. It is the ideal choice for a light lunch or a delicious dinner. Don’t miss this delicious tart that combines the freshness of zucchini with the richness of ricotta!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 250g can of ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- small handful of basil, chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 320g package of ready-rolled puff pastry
- flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the zucchini for 5 minutes until the edges are golden brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mix the ricotta with the eggs, most of the basil, nutmeg, Parmesan and garlic. Put aside.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface – roll it out lightly to create an even surface.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the dough on it.
- Spread the dough with the ricotta mixture, leaving a 1 cm border, then press the zucchini slices into the ricotta.
- Lift the sides of the dough over the edge of the filling and press them together to prevent any spilling out of the sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the tart has risen and is golden brown.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with the remaining basil.
Equipment and tools
- frying pan
- baking pan
- rolling pin
- baking tray
This zucchini and ricotta tart recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (from ricotta and parmesan)
Please check ingredients and labels before consumption if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this zucchini and ricotta tart, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the tart in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Zucchini Ricotta Tart
When it comes to making a delicious and nutritious dish, the zucchini and ricotta tart is a delicious option. This delicious tart combines the flavors of zucchini, also known as zucchini, and ricotta cheese in a delicious combination that not only pleases the taste buds but also has several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional benefits offered by the main ingredients of this cake.
The star of this dish, zucchini, is packed with essential nutrients that contribute to overall well-being. These nutritional powerhouses are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and keeps you feeling full for longer. Zucchini is also low in calories, making it a good choice for anyone watching their weight. Additionally, they are rich in vitamins A and C, as well as potassium, which supports heart health and helps maintain healthy blood pressure.
2. Ricotta cheese
The creamy and delicious ricotta cheese used in this tart not only provides a delicious taste but also offers several health benefits. Ricotta is an excellent source of protein that is essential for building and repairing tissue in the body. It also contains important minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, which ensure strong bones and teeth. Additionally, ricotta cheese is relatively low in fat compared to other cheeses, making it a healthier option while still adding a delicious creaminess to the pie.
The small handful of basil used in this recipe not only adds fresh flavor but also provides some additional health benefits. Known for its antibacterial properties, basil is rich in antioxidants that protect the body from free radical damage. It is also a good source of vitamin K, which supports healthy blood clotting and bone health.
4. Nutmeg and garlic
The pinch of nutmeg and crushed garlic used in this cake not only enhances the flavor but also provides some health benefits. Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties and can aid digestion. Garlic, on the other hand, is known for its potential immune-boosting properties and may help lower cholesterol levels.
By combining these nutritious ingredients in a delicious puff pastry crust, the zucchini and ricotta tart not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers a range of health benefits. Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian main course or a flavorful appetizer, this tart is a nutritious and delicious choice to consider.