Do you want to add a touch of flavor to your dinner? Then our delicious recipe for wild salmon with coconut chutney and green pilaf is just right for you. Not only is wild salmon a healthier option with less saturated fat, but its darker color, firmer flesh, and bolder flavor also perfectly complement the tantalizing mix of spice and citrus flavors in this dish.
Prepare for a delicious experience as you enjoy the succulent wild salmon combined with the creamy and aromatic coconut chutney. And let’s not forget the fragrant green pilau rice, a delicious side dish that enhances the overall dish.
If you want to impress your guests or simply treat yourself to a gourmet meal, this recipe is a must. Say goodbye to boring dinners and hello to a flavor explosion with our Wild Salmon with Coconut Chutney and Green Pilaf!
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 25g ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, deseeded and sliced
- 2/3 small pack of coriander
- a handful of mint leaves
- 20 g coconut cream
- 1 lime, peeled and ½ juiced
- 50 g brown basmati rice
- 2 x 100g skinless wild salmon fillets, thawed if frozen
- Head of spring greens (approx. 175 g), stems cut off, finely chopped (remove outer leaves if they are tough)
- 125g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and chili.
- Cook briefly over high heat to combine.
- Cover and cook gently until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Place two spoonfuls of the mixture in a bowl.
- Add coriander, mint, coconut, lime zest and juice to the bowl.
- Using a hand blender, stir the mixture into a puree.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Spread half of the coconut mixture over the fish.
- Wrap the fish in a packet of foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking the onions, uncovered, until they begin to brown.
- Add the spring greens and sauté for a few minutes until softened.
- Add rice and peas to the wok.
- Add the ground coriander and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- If the mixture starts to stick, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Stir in the remaining coconut mixture.
- Serve with fish.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- frying pan
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Note: The quantities given are guidelines and can be adjusted depending on your taste.
Health Benefits of Wild Salmon with Coconut Chutney and Green Pilaf
When it comes to healthy and delicious meals, Wild Salmon with Coconut Chutney and Green Pilau is the way to go. This recipe not only offers a tantalizing flavor combination but also comes with several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at why this dish is not only a treat for your taste buds, but also for your body.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids
Wild salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential fats that our bodies need but cannot produce themselves. These healthy fats have been linked to numerous health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and supporting brain function. Regularly incorporating wild salmon into your diet can help you meet your omega-3 needs and promote overall well-being.
2. Nutrient-rich ingredients
This recipe contains several nutrient-dense ingredients. Starting with the green pilaf, the brown basmati rice provides a good source of fiber, minerals and B vitamins. The spring vegetables and peas provide a portion of vitamins A and C as well as fiber and antioxidants. The combination of these ingredients creates a healthy and balanced meal that provides your body with important nutrients.
3. Antioxidant powerhouse
The coconut chutney in this recipe is not only a delicious side dish but also a rich source of antioxidants. Coconut contains antioxidants such as vitamin C and various phenolic compounds that protect your body from oxidative stress and reduce inflammation. Regularly consuming foods high in antioxidants can have a positive impact on your overall health and even help protect against chronic diseases.
4. Weight management
If you’re watching your weight or trying to maintain a healthy weight, including wild salmon in your diet can be a smart decision. Salmon is a low-calorie source of protein that can help you feel full and satisfied. It also contains healthy fats that promote satiety and help regulate appetite. Additionally, the fiber from the brown basmati rice and vegetables in this recipe add bulk to your meal, helping with portion control and maintaining a healthy weight.
5. Tasteful alternative
Ultimately, by making this recipe you are choosing a tasty alternative to processed or less nutritious meals. The combination of spices, herbs and fresh ingredients creates a taste experience that will satisfy your cravings without compromising your health. Choosing whole, unprocessed foods like wild salmon and fresh vegetables can be an excellent way to nourish your body while enjoying delicious flavors.
To sum up, “Wild Salmon with Coconut Chutney and Green Pilau” is not only a delicious but also a health-promoting meal. With its omega-3 fatty acids, nutrient-dense ingredients, antioxidants, weight management potential, and flavorful alternative, this dish is a win-win for your taste buds and your body.