Treat yourself to pure bliss with John Whaite’s irresistible white chocolate and raspberry cake. This delicious creation consists of layers of light, moist sponge enriched with the refreshing hint of raspberries, perfectly complemented by the smooth and delicious chocolate ganache. John’s recipe expertly balances the flavors, resulting in a heavenly dessert that is both elegant and wonderfully simple. Whether for a special occasion or as a well-deserved treat, this white chocolate and raspberry masterpiece is guaranteed to enchant your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- 200g butter, cut into small cubes, plus a little butter for greasing
- 100g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 200g powdered sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 175g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 250 ml double cream
- some powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Grease and line the bottom of 2 x 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tins.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl, place over a pan of barely simmering water and allow to melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
- When butter and chocolate have melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and sugar with an electric whisk.
- Fold in flour and raspberries.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the molds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the tins for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cake rack.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate with 100 ml of cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted into the cream and you have a smooth, shiny ganache.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the rest of the cream.
- When the cakes have cooled, place them together with the chocolate ganache.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Equipment and tools
To make this White Chocolate Raspberry Cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Cake pan (greased with butter)
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Microwave or water bath
- Cooling rack
- Sieve (optional)
This White Chocolate Raspberry Cake contains the following allergens:
- White chocolate
- Double cream
Please ensure that anyone consuming this cake is not allergic to any of the mentioned allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Alternatively, you can store the cake in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To preserve freshness, cover the cake with plastic wrap or place it in a cake container.
Before serving the rest of the cake, you can dust it with a little powdered sugar for a special touch.
The Health Benefits of White Chocolate and Raspberry Cake
Enjoying a piece of delicious cake is always a pleasure. But what if we told you that you could satisfy your sweet tooth and reap some health benefits at the same time? That’s exactly what you get with a delicious white chocolate and raspberry cake. This heavenly dessert combines the creamy goodness of white chocolate with the tangy note of raspberries, creating a flavor combination that is sure to impress your taste buds. But beyond its irresistible taste, this cake also offers some unexpected health benefits.
1. Antioxidant powerhouse
Raspberries, whether fresh or frozen, are full of antioxidants. These powerful compounds neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, protecting cells from damage and reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. By incorporating raspberries into your cake, you add a healthy touch to your sweet treat.
2. Nutrient-rich ingredients
White Chocolate Raspberry Cake contains several ingredients that bring important nutrients to the table. Eggs, the cake’s main binding agent, are an excellent source of protein and contain important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. Additionally, raspberries are rich in fiber, vitamin C, manganese and vitamin K, which promote healthy digestion and boost immune function.
3. Heart-healthy treat
The cake base is made from self-raising flour, so no additional leavening agents are required. This means that not only is the cake fluffy and fluffy, but it also contains less sodium, making it a heart-healthy choice. In moderation, the antioxidants found in white chocolate are also associated with improved heart health by lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow, and reducing the risk of blood clots forming.
4. Mood-enhancing effect
Enjoying a slice of white chocolate raspberry cake can provide more benefits than just satisfying your taste buds. Chocolate, especially white chocolate, contains compounds that stimulate the production of endorphins, also known as “feel-good hormones.” These endorphins improve mood and promote well-being, making your cake enjoyment a delicious pick-me-up.
5. Satisfy the craving for sweets
Sometimes satisfying your sweet tooth can prevent you from overindulging later. Allowing yourself to enjoy a slice of this delicious cake will make you feel more satisfied and avoid the temptation to reach for less nutritious desserts or snacks. Treating yourself to a slice of white chocolate raspberry cake can be part of a balanced approach to your overall diet.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to enjoy a delicious dessert, white chocolate and raspberry cake offers equal taste and health benefits. So treat yourself to this delightful creation without feeling guilty.