This warm sausage and broccoli pasta salad recipe is a delicious option for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner.
With its delicious combination of short noodles, spicy chili and aromatic garlic, it is guaranteed to awaken your taste buds.
In addition to its savory appeal, the dish features pork chipolatas that bring out the flavor and provide a satisfying protein component.
However, please note that this recipe contains pork and is specifically intended for non-Muslims.
Make this simple yet delicious meal for a filling and tasty dinner any day of the week!
- 200g Cumberland pork chipolata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g conchigliette pasta (or any short pasta)
- Pinch of chili flakes
- grated zest and juice of half a lemon
- 25g rocket
- Heat the grill and cook the sausages for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small frying pan, fry the onion for 6-8 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Put aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the water you just cooked the broccoli in and cook according to the package directions. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Cut the sausages into 2cm pieces and mix with the pasta, then roughly chop the broccoli and add to the pasta along with the cooked onions, garlic, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice.
- Mix everything well with the rocket and season.
Equipment and tools
- Large frying pan
- Pot for cooking pasta
- Large mixing bowl
This warm pasta salad with sausage and broccoli contains the following allergens:
- pork meat
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers from the warm Sausage Broccoli Pasta Salad, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best consumed within 2-3 days. To reheat, you can either heat it in the microwave or gently warm it in a pan on the stove.
Health Benefits of Warm Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Salad
When it comes to healthy and delicious meals, the warm pasta salad with sausage and broccoli is the perfect choice. Packed with nutritious ingredients like Cumberland pork chipolata, broccoli and arugula, this recipe offers a range of health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional benefits of this delicious dish:
1. Rich in protein
Cumberland pork chipolata, the main ingredient in this pasta salad, is a valuable source of protein. Protein is essential for the growth, repair and maintenance of our bodies. It helps build muscle, boosts metabolism and curbs cravings. Including protein-rich foods in your diet can promote overall health and help with weight control.
2. High-fiber broccoli
Known for its low calorie content, broccoli is also a great source of fiber. Fiber plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system and preventing constipation. It helps regulate blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol levels, promotes satiety and thus helps in weight control. Incorporating broccoli into your meals can provide a number of health benefits.
3. Nutrient-dense pasta
The conchigliette pasta used in this recipe adds to the nutritional value of the dish. It is rich in carbohydrates and provides the body with energy for various functions. In addition, pasta contains important B vitamins, iron and selenium. These nutrients support brain health, red blood cell production, and the immune system.
4. Antioxidant-rich arugula
Arugula, also known as arugula, gives this pasta salad a peppery and distinct flavor. It is a great source of antioxidants, including vitamins A and C. Antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, protect against cell damage, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
5. Improves vitamin C absorption
The zest and juice of half a lemon not only gives the salad a tangy taste but also improves its nutritional profile. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that supports the immune system, aids collagen formation and acts as an antioxidant. Including lemon in this recipe can help ensure adequate vitamin C intake.
So next time you’re looking for a healthy and tasty dish, consider making the Warm Pasta Salad with Sausage and Broccoli. Enjoy the delicious taste while benefiting from the numerous health benefits it has to offer!