Treat yourself to the authentic taste of Italy with our delicious Venetian-style pasta recipe. In less than 20 minutes you can enjoy a super healthy dish that perfectly captures the essence of Venetian cuisine. This delicious recipe effortlessly combines healthy ingredients and traditional Italian seasonings to create a delicious pasta experience. Bite into the delicate pasta noodles, complemented by an exquisite blend of fresh vegetables and aromatic herbs. Whether you’re a pasta fan or just looking for a quick and nutritious meal, our Venetian-style pasta is a must-try and will transport your taste buds to the picturesque streets of Venice.
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pasta shapes
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 140g leaf spinach
Make a pizza out of it
Spinach and sweet
Spread 2 small pizza bases with 4 tbsp
caramelized onions from a jar. Sprinkle
over the capers, sultanas and pine nuts.
Top with 100 g goat cheese and bake
Bake in the oven at 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7 for 10-15 minutes
Fry for minutes until crispy. Top with some spinach
Drizzle with leaves and a splash of balsamic beforehand
- Start by frying the onions in the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook them until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- While the onions are frying, cook the pasta until al dente.
- In the frying pan with the onions, stir in the vinegar, sultanas, capers and most of the pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute to soften the sultanas.
- Add the spinach to the pan with a splash of pasta water. Stir well and let the spinach wilt.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain it and mix it with the onion mixture. The spinach should wilt when mixed in.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Scatter the remaining pine nuts over the noodles and serve.
Equipment and tools
To prepare pasta in the Venetian style, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
Before making Venetian-style pasta, it is important to consider possible allergens. Please note the following allergens contained in this recipe:
- Nuts: This recipe contains toasted pine nuts. If you have a nut allergy, it is recommended to omit or replace this ingredient.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Venetian pasta, follow these storage tips:
- Allow the pasta to cool completely before storing.
- Place the pasta in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftovers:
- Place desired amount of pasta in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe foil.
- Microwave on medium power for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Stir the pasta halfway through heating.
Health Benefits of Venetian-Style Pasta
When it comes to Italian cuisine, pasta dishes are a popular choice for many. A special dish is the Venetian-style pasta. This aromatic dish, prepared with a combination of red onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sultanas, capers, toasted pine nuts and spinach leaves, not only delights the taste buds but also offers several health benefits.
1. Nutrient-rich ingredients
The ingredients for Venetian-style pasta provide a range of essential nutrients. Red onions are a great source of fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants that support overall health. Olive oil, a staple of Mediterranean cuisine, contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and polyphenols. Spinach leaves are rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as iron and other minerals.
2. Antioxidant power
Balsamic vinegar, sultanas and capers contribute to this pasta dish’s antioxidant content. Antioxidants help protect the body from free radicals, which can cause oxidative stress and cell damage. Consuming foods rich in antioxidants can have various health benefits such as: B. reducing inflammation and reducing the risk of certain chronic diseases.
3. Rich in fiber
Pasta shapes and spinach leaves provide a good amount of fiber. Fiber is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. It also helps control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy weight.
4. Proteins and healthy fats
Adding toasted pine nuts to Venetian-style pasta provides a crunchy texture and provides a source of protein and healthy fats. Protein is important for building and repairing body tissue, while healthy fats, such as those found in pine nuts and olive oil, support heart health and help absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
One of the great things about Venetian-style pasta is its versatility. The recipe suggests using the dish as a topping for a delicious pizza with spinach and sweet onions. By incorporating this dish into your meals, you can enjoy a variety of flavors and experiment with different ingredients depending on your preferences.
In summary, Venetian-style pasta offers not only a delicious culinary experience but also a number of health benefits. From the nutrient-dense ingredients to the antioxidant power, fiber content, and incorporation of proteins and healthy fats, this dish has a lot going for it. So just give it a try and enjoy the health benefits and unique taste of this Italian classic.