This recipe for turkey schnitzel with arugula and pomegranate salad is perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. Made with lean turkey and a crust of fragrant almonds, it’s a delicious and filling dish that you can enjoy guilt-free.
The lean turkey is a good source of protein, while the almonds add a nice crunch and nutty flavor. Paired with a refreshing arugula and pomegranate salad, this recipe is packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
This schnitzel recipe is not only quick to prepare, but also a bit more sophisticated thanks to the use of lean ingredients. So if you are looking for a tasty and healthy solo dinner, try this turkey schnitzel!
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp almond flakes, finely chopped
- 1 turkey schnitzel (approx. 70-80g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g rocket
- 15g parmesan shavings
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Put the egg in a bowl and put the flour on a plate and season a little.
- On another plate, mix together the breadcrumbs and almonds.
- Coat the schnitzel with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Dip the schnitzel in the egg.
- Roll the schnitzel in the breadcrumb mixture, making sure it is completely coated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the schnitzel in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the schnitzel and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the turkey is cooked through.
- Serve the schnitzel on a bed of rocket.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and pomegranate seeds on top.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the dish before serving.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (from flour and breadcrumbs)
- Tree nuts (almond flakes)
- Dairy products (Parmesan shavings)
Be sure to check the specific ingredients and product labels if you or anyone consuming the dish has allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, you can either use the microwave or the oven to maintain the crispy texture of the schnitzel. However, for the best flavor and texture, it is best to consume it fresh.
Health benefits of turkey schnitzel with arugula and pomegranate salad
Turkey schnitzel with arugula and pomegranate salad is not only a delicious and filling meal, but also offers numerous health benefits. This recipe combines the lean protein of turkey with the nutritional benefits of arugula, pomegranate and almonds, making it a nutritious choice for any meal.
1. Lean protein
The turkey schnitzel used in this recipe is a great source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue and maintaining healthy muscles, skin and hair. Incorporating lean proteins like turkey into your diet can help promote satiety, control hunger, and support weight management. Additionally, lean protein contains fewer calories and saturated fat compared to other protein sources.
2. Nutrient-rich arugula
The arugula used in salad provides a number of important vitamins and minerals. It is particularly rich in vitamin K, which is crucial for blood clotting and bone health. Arugula also contains vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and iron. These nutrients support a healthy immune system, help fight inflammation, and contribute to overall well-being.
3. Antioxidant-rich pomegranate
Pomegranate seeds add a touch of color and flavor to this dish, but also offer significant health benefits. Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants that protect the body from harmful free radicals. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and support brain function. Pomegranate seeds also provide fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
4. Nourishing almonds
The finely chopped almond flakes in the schnitzel coating contribute to both the taste and the nutritional value. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium and fiber. Eating almonds can help lower cholesterol, improve heart health, and aid weight management.
5. Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
In addition to being a flavor enhancer, balsamic vinegar also offers potential health benefits. It contains acetic acid, which can help control blood sugar levels and improve digestion. Balsamic vinegar also contains polyphenols, which have antioxidant properties that can protect against cell damage.
Overall, the turkey schnitzel with arugula and pomegranate salad is a complete and nutritious meal that combines various ingredients full of health-promoting properties. It’s a great option for anyone who wants to eat a balanced diet while enjoying a delicious meal.