Treat yourself to a delicious sensory treat with our Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Wellington. This exquisite dish combines tender turkey, creamy brie and tangy cranberries, expertly wrapped in puff pastry. With every bite, you’ll enjoy the perfect balance of flavors and textures, creating a festive symphony on your palate that’s sure to impress. Please note that this recipe contains pork and is intended for non-Muslims. Enjoy the pleasures of this luxurious Wellington and elevate your dining experience with this irresistible culinary masterpiece.
- 2 x 500g puff pastry blocks with pure butter
- Flour for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 100g ham, chopped
- 4 sausages, skins removed
- 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 turkey breasts
- 200g Brie, sliced
- 4-5 tbsp cranberry sauce
If you can’t get two whole breasts (or a crown to share), buy 800g to 1kg turkey breast steaks and place them together in one piece along with the brie and cranberry sauce.
- Start by trimming the turkey breasts to create a long tube shape in the middle of the wellington.
- Cut a pocket in the turkey breasts deep enough to hold the brie and cranberry sauce.
- Spread the cranberry sauce and Brie on the two turkey breasts and chill.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the leftover turkey and add it to the pan with the ham.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Mix the cooked leftovers with sausage meat, sage and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the first block of dough on a floured work surface to about 1lb thick.
- Lift the rolled out dough onto a baking sheet and place the turkey breasts on top, followed by the stuffing.
- Roll out the second block of dough and brush the edge of the bottom tray with egg.
- Place the top sheet of dough over the filling.
- Trim the edges to neaten and press the dough sheets together.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Brush the Wellington with beaten egg and score a cross-shaped pattern on the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
- Insert a skewer into the center for 5 seconds to check if it is hot. It should feel hot.
- Let the wellington rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- rolling pin
- Pastry brush
- frying pan
The Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Wellington recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter and brie)
- Gluten (puff pastry, breadcrumbs)
Before consuming this dish, please ensure that you or your guests do not have any allergies or dietary restrictions related to these allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Turkey, Brie & Cranberry Wellington, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is recommended to consume leftovers within 2-3 days.
Health Benefits of Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Wellington
In addition to being a delicious and festive dish, the Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Wellington offers several health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this recipe makes for a filling and healthy meal. Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits it offers:
1. Lean protein
Turkey breast, a key ingredient in this wellington, is an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting the immune system, and producing enzymes and hormones. By including turkey in your diet, you can meet your daily protein needs without consuming excessive amounts of unhealthy fats.
2. Essential nutrients
Brie, a soft and creamy cheese, adds a touch of richness to this recipe. Not only does it enhance the taste, but it also provides important nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin B12. Calcium promotes strong bones and teeth, while phosphorus plays a crucial role in cell function. Vitamin B12 is involved in energy production and maintaining a healthy nervous system.
3. Antioxidant-rich cranberries
Cranberry sauce in this wellington not only adds a special taste but also brings a number of health benefits. Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which help protect the body from oxidative stress caused by harmful free radicals. These antioxidants also help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
4. Fiber and micronutrients
Incorporating leeks and sage leaves into this recipe provides a nutritional boost. Leeks are a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and contributes to a healthy gut. Sage leaves are rich in micronutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C and B vitamins, which are important for maintaining overall health.
5. Reduced sodium
By making this wellington from scratch, you have control over the ingredients used. This allows you to reduce the amount of sodium typically found in packaged or processed foods. High sodium intake has been linked to health problems such as high blood pressure. So making your own Wellington will help you control your sodium intake more effectively.
The combination of these nutritious ingredients in Turkey, Brie & Cranberry Wellington makes it a healthy and comforting dish for both taste and health conscious people. Enjoy the delicious flavors and benefit from a balanced meal!