A balanced dinner of lean turkey breast pieces wrapped in a deliciously crispy herb crust, perfect for a quick and healthy meal. The turkey is tender and flavorful and the herb coating adds a delicious crunch to every bite. Paired with a creamy, spicy avocado dip made from butter beans and lime, this dish is a real treat. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a great source of lean protein and essential nutrients. The combination of flavors in this recipe will definitely leave you wanting more!
- 1 Oatibix or Weetabix
- 15g finely grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 344g package turkey breast, cut into thick strips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 210 g canned beans, drained
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 spring onions, cleaned and chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and lettuce leaves for serving
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Crumble the cereal in a shallow bowl.
- Stir in Parmesan, herbs and spices and some seasoning.
- Dip the turkey in the egg, making sure it is completely covered.
- Brush the turkey with the spice mixture, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Place the breaded turkey on a baking sheet, making sure they are some distance apart.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- While the turkey is baking, prepare the avocado dip.
- In a bowl, combine beans, avocado, onions, lime zest and juice.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Puree the mixture with a hand blender until smooth.
- Once the turkey is cooked, remove it from the oven.
- Serve the turkey hot or cold with the avocado dip.
- Accompany the dish with cherry tomatoes, pomegranate and lettuce leaves as a side dish.
Turkey breast fingers with avocado dip
Turkey breast fingers with avocado dip
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking tray
- baking paper
- food processor
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Parmesan)
Storage and leftovers
To store leftover turkey breasts, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Health Benefits of Turkey Breast Fingers with Avocado Dip
Turkey breast fillets with avocado dip is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers a number of health benefits. Let’s explore the key ingredients and their respective health benefits:
Turkey breast is an excellent source of high-quality protein, essential for muscle growth, repair and maintenance. Plus, it’s low in fat and calories, making it a healthy choice for weight management. In addition, turkey breast contains important nutrients such as selenium, phosphorus and vitamin B6, which contribute to the overall functioning of the body.
Avocado, the dip’s main ingredient, offers numerous health benefits. It’s rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which may help lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Avocados are also a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes satiety. In addition, they are rich in vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E and vitamin C, which support various body functions and strengthen the immune system.
The inclusion of butter beans in this recipe adds a nutritious touch to this recipe. Butter beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein, making them an ideal choice for vegetarians and vegans. They are also rich in fiber, which can aid digestion, regulate blood sugar levels and promote a healthy weight. In addition, butter beans provide important minerals such as iron, magnesium and potassium, which contribute to overall well-being.
The zest and juice of the lime not only give the dish a tangy taste but also provide various health benefits. Limes are a great source of vitamin C, which plays a crucial role in maintaining a strong immune system, promoting healthy skin, and aiding wound healing. In addition, they contain antioxidants that protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and lettuce leaves
In addition to the main ingredients, serving the turkey breast sticks with cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and lettuce leaves further improves the nutritional profile of the dish. Cherry tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, while pomegranate seeds provide a natural source of antioxidants and provide a vibrant taste. Salad leaves such as spinach or mixed leafy greens provide a range of vitamins, minerals and fiber that support overall health.
Incorporating turkey breast fillets with avocado dip into your diet will allow you to enjoy a delicious meal while reaping the numerous health benefits offered by the key ingredients.