Treat yourself to a bowl of pure decadence with our Truffle Jerusalem Artichoke Soup. This exquisite winter dish offers a velvety-soft texture that wraps you in an embrace of pure comfort. Discover the hidden potential of the often overlooked root vegetable Jerusalem artichoke, which takes center stage in this sensational recipe. The rich flavor of the soup is enhanced by the addition of delicious truffles, giving every spoonful a delicious aroma. To add the finishing touch, our soup is designed to beautifully complement and highlight the wonderful flavors of leftover wild birds, making any meal a truly special occasion.
- 50g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 kg Jerusalem artichoke, peeled and sliced
- 1l chicken broth
- 100 ml cream
- a few drops of truffle oil to taste and a little more for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80g leftover goose, shredded (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large pot.
- Sauté the onions and artichokes for 10 minutes or until the onions are cooked through and the artichokes are tender.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the artichokes are very tender.
- Put everything in a food processor with the cream and puree until smooth.
- Season with truffle oil and a little salt.
- Place in a pot to keep warm (or reheat later if needed).
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the shredded goose and fry slowly until crispy and golden brown.
- Pour the soup into bowls.
- Top with a dash of truffle oil and the crispy goose if desired.
Equipment and tools
- Blender or hand blender
- Fine mesh sieve or colander
- Cutting knife or mandolin
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring cups and spoons
This truffled Jerusalem artichoke soup recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Butter: dairy products
- Chicken Broth: May contain allergens depending on the brand or homemade recipe used. Check for possible allergens.
- Double cream: dairy products
- Truffle Oil: May contain allergens depending on the brand used. Check for possible allergens.
- Olive Oil: May contain allergens depending on the brand used. Check for possible allergens.
- Goose (optional): poultry
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover truffled Jerusalem artichoke soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be kept for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stove before serving.
The soup can also be frozen for longer storage. Simply cool completely, transfer to freezer-safe containers or bags, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
If serving leftovers, garnish with additional truffle oil and goose schnitzel, if desired.
Health Benefits of Truffled Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Health Benefits of Truffled Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Truffle Jerusalem artichoke soup is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers several health benefits. This soup is made from fresh ingredients and enriched with the unique taste of truffle oil. Not only does it delight the taste buds, it is also good for your body.
1. Rich in fiber
The Jerusalem artichoke is the main ingredient in this soup. Jerusalem artichokes are known for their high fiber content and can support a healthy digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. A diet high in fiber also helps control weight and reduces the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
2. Abundance of vitamins and minerals
Jerusalem artichoke is packed with essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall health. They are a good source of vitamin C, which supports a strong immune system and helps the body absorb iron. In addition, Jerusalem artichokes provide potassium, magnesium, and iron, all of which are important for maintaining healthy blood pressure, proper nerve function, and oxygen transport throughout the body.
3. Supports gut health
Jerusalem artichokes contain a fiber called inulin, which acts as a prebiotic. Prebiotics have a positive effect on the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which can improve digestion and improve nutrient absorption. Healthy gut flora is also associated with a stronger immune system and improved mental well-being.
4. Good source of protein (optional)
If you decide to add shredded goose to your truffle Jerusalem artichoke soup, you will benefit from an additional source of protein. Protein is important for building and repairing tissue, supporting proper immune function and providing a feeling of satiety. Adding protein to your soup can make for a more balanced and filling meal.
5. Low calorie
This soup can be a great option for anyone watching their calorie intake. It is low in calories and is therefore suitable for people who want to maintain their weight or lose weight. The use of butter and cream can be adjusted based on personal taste, allowing for customization to suit specific dietary needs.
In summary, truffled Jerusalem artichoke soup offers a number of health benefits. From promoting a healthy digestive system and supporting gut health to providing essential vitamins and minerals, this soup is a nutritious choice that can be enjoyed as a comforting meal. Whether you add goose schnitzel or keep it simple, this soup is both delicious and healthy.