Indulge in the delicious flavors of our Triple Ginger Cheesecake, a no-cook dessert that will leave you wanting more. Created by talented Good Food reader Jacque Smith, this cheesecake is a testament to her culinary skills. With a rich and creamy texture, each bite is infused with the perfect balance of sweetness and warmth from triple the dose of ginger. For a touch of freshness, we top it off with the finest seasonal fruits, ensuring a captivating presentation and a touch of natural sweetness. Let yourself be enchanted by this irresistible pleasure.
- 200g ginger biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 400 g full-fat soft cheese
- 50g powdered sugar
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 50g crystallized ginger, chopped
- roasted rhubarb or other seasonal fruit as a topping
Orange roasted rhubarb
Clean 400 g rhubarb
cut into 2.5cm pieces.
Place in a roasting pan
Court. Sprinkle with
zest and juice
1 orange and 3
tbsp powdered sugar.
Let cook for 10-15 minutes
at 220°C/fan 200°C/
Gas 7 oven until
just soft. Let cool down.
- Stir the cookies together or crush them in a sealed bag until fine crumbs form.
- Melt the butter carefully and then mix it into the crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin.
- Cool the crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Stir the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the filling over the crust and smooth the top with a knife.
- Let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the cake from the tin and top it with roasted rhubarb or fruit of your choice.
Equipment and tools
To make this Triple Ginger Cheesecake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Springform pan for cakes
- baking paper
- food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
This Triple Ginger Cheesecake contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (soft cheese and butter)
- Gluten (ginger cookies)
Note: If you have specific allergies or dietary restrictions, please check the labels of the ingredients you use and consult a doctor if necessary.
Storage and leftovers
How to store the Triple Ginger Cheesecake:
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
- Remove from the springform pan and place on a serving plate.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leftover cheesecake can be enjoyed as a delicious treat or dessert. Simply cover and store in the fridge.
Health Benefits of Triple Ginger Cheesecake
Ginger is a versatile ingredient with numerous health benefits, and when combined with the goodness of a cheesecake, it creates a delicious treat that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers multiple health benefits.
1. Digestive aid
The ginger in this cheesecake can improve digestion. Ginger stimulates the production of digestive enzymes that promote the breakdown of food and absorption of nutrients in the body. It can also relieve digestive problems such as bloating and stomach upset.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties
Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties due to its active ingredient gingerol. These properties help reduce inflammation in the body, which could potentially lead to relief from conditions such as arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
3. Immune-boosting benefits
Ginger contains antioxidants that can strengthen the immune system and protect the body from various infections. Regular consumption of ginger can contribute to improved immune function and help ward off common illnesses.
4. Mood improvement
Studies suggest that ginger can have a mood-enhancing effect. It is traditionally used to relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression. Including ginger in your cheesecake can be a delicious way to incorporate this potential mood enhancer into your diet.
5. Antioxidant power
The ginger biscuits and crystallized ginger in this cheesecake deliver a concentrated dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants fight oxidative stress in the body, which is linked to the development of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
6. Probiotic support
Adding Greek yogurt to this cheesecake adds beneficial probiotics. Probiotics promote a healthy gut by improving the balance of good bacteria in the digestive system. A healthy gut microbiome is essential for overall well-being.
When you treat yourself to a slice of this triple ginger cheesecake, you’re not only treating yourself to a delicious dessert, but you’re also reaping the numerous health benefits that ginger and other ingredients offer. Enjoy this treat without a guilty conscience, knowing that it not only satisfies your sweet tooth, but also contributes to your well-being.