Introducing our delicious recipe for ‘Tikka Style Fish’ – a real treat for barbecue enthusiasts and equally a treat when the unpredictable English weather keeps you indoors. This versatile dish allows you to choose your favorite type of fish and add a personal touch to your meal. Whether sizzling on the grill or enjoying the delicate flavors in the oven, this recipe guarantees an unforgettable culinary experience. Be surprised by the tempting tikka spices and the juicy tenderness of the fish. Don’t let the weather dampen your culinary adventures!
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 2 whole sea bream or red snapper (about 900 g each) or 6 fish steaks such as tuna
- 6 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
1. Score the skin of the whole fish (if using) on each side with a sharp knife.
2. Mix ginger and garlic, season with salt and then rub all over the fish.
3. Mix yogurt with oil, spices and spices.
4. Spread the fish inside and out with the yogurt mixture.
5. Refrigerate the fish until ready to cook.
6. To grill, cook the fish directly on the rack or on foil if you are worried it will stick.
7. Fry the whole fish for 6-8 minutes on each side, the tuna steaks for 3-4 minutes.
8. Cooking time depends on how hot your grill is to begin with.
Equipment and tools
To prepare fish in tikka style you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Bowl for marinating the fish
- Grater or mincer for ginger and garlic
- Knife for preparing the fish
- Mixing spoon for combining ingredients
- Grill or barbecue to cook the fish
The Tikka style fish recipe may contain allergens. Please note the following:
- Dairy products: natural yogurt
If you or any of your guests have allergies or dietary restrictions, please be sure to check ingredient labels and make any necessary substitutions or omissions to accommodate these restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your tikka fish, here are some storage tips:
- Allow the fish to cool completely before storing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Eat leftovers within 2-3 days.
- Reheat the fish thoroughly before serving again.
Health Benefits of Tikka Style Fish
Tikka style fish is not only delicious but also has numerous health benefits. Packed with aromatic ingredients like ginger, garlic and various spices, this recipe offers a nutritious and satisfying dish. Let’s dive into the health benefits of tikka-style fish!
Ginger, a commonly used ingredient in tikka-style fish, is known for its medicinal properties. It supports digestion, reduces inflammation and helps fight off infections. Ginger is also rich in antioxidants, which can protect against chronic diseases.
Adding garlic to tikka-style fish not only improves the taste but also has health benefits. Garlic contains compounds that are believed to support the immune system, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
3. Sea bream or red snapper
If you choose sea bream or red snapper in this recipe, the fish is an excellent source of lean protein. These fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain and heart health as well as reducing inflammation in the body.
Using yogurt in tikka-style fish not only provides a creamy texture but also provides numerous health benefits. Yogurt is a good source of probiotics, which support a healthy gut and aid digestion. In addition, it is rich in calcium, protein and B vitamins.
5. Olive oil
Including olive oil in this recipe provides a healthy source of fat. Olive oil is known for its positive effects on heart health and reduces the risk of heart disease. It also contains antioxidants that help fight inflammation and promote brain health.
Turmeric, a spice commonly used in tikka-style fish, contains a compound called curcumin, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, improve brain function, and relieve arthritis symptoms.
7. Mild chili powder
Incorporating mild chili powder into this recipe not only adds a touch of heat, but also potential health benefits. Chili peppers contain a compound called capsaicin, which is known for its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help you lose weight and boost your metabolism.
8. Cumin seeds
Using cumin seeds in tikka-style fish not only provides a warm and earthy taste but also various health benefits. Cumin seeds are rich in antioxidants and iron and can aid digestion, improve blood cholesterol levels, and help control blood sugar.
By incorporating tikka-style fish into your regular diet, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal that promotes overall well-being. So why not try this recipe and experience its health benefits first hand?