This delicious skinny pepper, tomato and ham omelet is perfect for anyone looking for a protein-packed breakfast. With its vibrant flavor combination, you are sure to start the day satisfied and full of energy. By using fewer egg yolks, this recipe helps lower cholesterol, making it a healthier option for your morning meal.
Please note that this recipe contains pork and is therefore only suitable for non-Muslims. But rest assured, it is a wonderful option for those who can enjoy it. So why not give it a try and enjoy the delights of this nutritious omelette?
- 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, white and green parts kept separately and finely chopped
- a few slices of paper-thin, extra-lean ham, chopped
- 25 g reduced fat mature cheddar
- Whole wheat toast for serving
- Mix eggs and egg whites with some spices and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the peppers for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the white parts of the spring onions and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium heat until almost completely set.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese on top.
- Continue cooking until just set in the center, or flash under a hot broiler if you prefer it cooked through.
- Serve straight from the pan and sprinkle with the green part of the spring onions.
- Enjoy with some whole wheat toast.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this thin omelet with peppers, tomatoes and ham, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Whisk or fork
- grater (for shredding cheese)
This recipe for thin omelette with peppers, tomatoes and ham contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (reduced fat mature cheddar)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftover omelettes, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Simply warm in a pan or microwave before serving.
Please note that the consistency and taste may change slightly when reheated.
Health Benefits of Thin Pepper, Tomato and Ham Omelette
The Skinny Pepper, Tomato & Ham Omelette is not only a delicious and filling breakfast dish but also offers a number of health benefits. Packed with healthy ingredients and low in calories, this omelet is a fantastic choice for anyone looking to eat a healthy, balanced diet.
1. Rich in protein
Eggs are an excellent source of protein. This recipe uses 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Protein is important for building and repairing tissue, promoting muscle growth and providing a feeling of satiety, making it an ideal nutrient for weight control.
2. Rich in antioxidants
The red pepper found in this omelette adds a vibrant pop of color and is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals, which can lead to chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
3. Nutrient-rich green onions
Packed with flavor and essential nutrients, scallions offer a range of health benefits. They are an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid and fiber. These nutrients play a critical role in maintaining a healthy immune system, promoting good vision, and supporting bone health.
4. Low-fat and high-calcium cheese
The mature, reduced-fat cheddar used in this recipe creates a delicious creamy texture while keeping the fat content low. In addition, it is a good source of calcium and contributes to strong bones and teeth.
5. Lean ham for protein and flavor
Adding paper-thin, extra-lean ham to this omelet not only improves the flavor but also increases the protein content. Protein helps regulate blood sugar levels, supports cell growth and repair, and promotes satiety.
6. Whole wheat toast for fiber
Serving the omelet with whole-wheat toast adds fiber to the meal. Fiber aids digestion, helps maintain a healthy weight, and reduces the risk of developing various diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
Overall, the thin omelette with peppers, tomatoes and ham offers a nutritious and tasty option for a filling breakfast. By incorporating this dish into your diet, you can enjoy the health benefits of its protein-rich eggs, antioxidant-rich pepper, nutrient-rich green onions, low-fat cheese, lean ham, and fiber-rich whole-grain toast. Try it out and start your day well!