Welcome to our delicious recipe for the Stickiest BBQ Ribs Ever with Chive Dip! Get ready to enjoy this tempting dish that will tantalize your taste buds. Our juicy pork ribs are cooked slowly and to perfection, resulting in tender meat that falls effortlessly from the bone. The smoky flavor and sticky glaze from our secret BBQ sauce will leave you wanting more. To amp up the flavor, we created a creamy and refreshing chive dip that perfectly complements the richness of the ribs. Please note that this recipe contains pork and is intended for non-Muslims only. Let’s immerse ourselves in this irresistible feast!
- 2 racks of baby back pork ribs
- 2 cans of cola
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 8 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300 ml pot of semi-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp salad cream
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas mark 3 and place the ribs well in a roasting tin.
- Pour over the Coke and enough water to cover the ribs, then cover the can tightly with foil.
- Roast for 2-3 hours, turning halfway through, until the ribs are really tender but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, place all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently, then allow to bubble, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- When the ribs are ready, carefully remove them from the pan and place them on paper towels to dry.
- Pour away the liquid and wipe out the can.
- Place the dry ribs back in the dish and brush them all over with the sticky sauce.
- Cover and chill to marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably up to 24 hours.
- Can be frozen at this point.
- Mix the dip ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the grill and wait for the flames to go out, or preheat the oven to 220C/200C/Gas 7.
- Add the ribs (in a roasting pan if using the oven) and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally and basting frequently with the remaining sauce.
- When the ribs are sticky, heated through and crispy on the outside, slice them to serve.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and serve with the remaining warmed sticky sauce and the chive dip.
Equipment and tools
- Grilling or BBQ
- Basting brush
- Aluminum foil
- measuring spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover BBQ ribs in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days. To reheat, place the ribs on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Heat in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 20 minutes or until warmed through. Serve with leftover chive dip if desired.
Health Benefits of the Stickiest BBQ Ribs Ever with Chive Dip
When it comes to barbecue recipes, the stickiest BBQ ribs ever with chive dip stand out. Not only is this dish a real eye-catcher with its delicious sticky sauce and tender, juicy pork ribs, but it also offers numerous health benefits thanks to the carefully selected ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits of this delicious recipe:
1. Pork ribs
The main ingredient, baby back pork ribs, provides a good amount of protein. Protein is essential for the growth and repair of tissue in our body. It also helps maintain muscle mass and strengthen the immune system. However, due to their relatively high calorie and fat content, it is important to consume them in moderation.
Surprisingly, cola is used in the marinade for the ribs. While cola isn’t typically associated with health benefits, its acidic nature can help tenderize meat. However, cola is only used in moderation in this recipe, so it doesn’t significantly impact the overall health benefits of the dish.
3. Tomato ketchup
The tomato ketchup used in the sticky sauce contains the antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers, including prostate and lung cancer. It also protects against heart disease and promotes healthy skin.
4. Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce
This recipe uses both soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to add depth to the flavor. Soy sauce is a source of essential amino acids and can contribute to a balanced diet. Worcestershire sauce is made from various spices and ingredients such as vinegar, molasses and garlic. It is a concentrated source of flavor and gives the dish a unique umami flavor.
5. Sweet chili sauce and peppers
Sweet chili sauce and paprika give the dish a touch of heat. Both ingredients contain capsaicin, a compound known for its potential health benefits. Capsaicin has been found to aid weight loss, reduce inflammation, and improve heart health.
6. Sour cream and salad cream
The chive dip in this recipe uses a combination of half-fat sour cream and salad cream. Sour cream offers a creamy texture with fewer calories compared to its full-fat counterpart. It is also a good source of calcium, which supports bone health. Salad cream, on the other hand, gives the dip spice and creaminess.
7. Chives and green onions
Chives and spring onions are used to garnish the chive dip and provide a fresh taste. They belong to the allium family, which also includes garlic and onions. Allium vegetables are known for their potential anti-cancer properties and may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, including stomach and colon cancer.
The Stickiest BBQ Ribs Ever with Chive Dip will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide various health benefits. With protein-packed pork ribs, antioxidant-rich tomato ketchup, and flavorful sauces and seasonings, this recipe proves you can enjoy a delicious BBQ meal while nourishing your body.