Introducing our delicious and aromatic Thai-style fish broth with vegetables! This incredible ramen-style noodle soup is packed with sustainable pollock, succulent shrimp and a vibrant selection of nutritious vegetables. Treat yourself to a guilt-free bowl that is not only low in fat but also low in calories. Each spoonful is an explosion of flavor that will satisfy your cravings while nourishing your body. Experience the perfect balance of flavor and health in every satisfying sip.
- 100 g brown rice noodles
- 500 ml chicken or fish stock
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 dried or fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200 g sustainable white fish without skin, such as pollock
- 100g raw king prawns
- 2 pak choy, leaves separated
- a handful of coriander leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Pour the stock into a large pot and stir in the curry paste, lime leaves, fish sauce and 250ml cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut the fish into cubes about 3 cm in size and add to the pan. Bring it back to a simmer and then cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles, shrimp and bok choy and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the fish and shrimp are just cooked through.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with coriander.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
This Thai-style fish broth with vegetables contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When reheating, be sure to heat the broth thoroughly before serving.
The Health Benefits of Thai-Style Fish Broth with Vegetables
When it comes to culinary delights, Thai cuisine holds a special place due to its vibrant flavors and exotic ingredients. Among the many delicious dishes, Thai-style fish broth with vegetables stands out not only for its taste, but also for its numerous health benefits.
The recipe for Thai-style fish broth with vegetables contains a combination of nutritious ingredients that contribute to its health-promoting properties:
- Brown rice noodles: Using brown rice instead of refined white rice makes this dish a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates that provide sustained energy and promote digestive health.
- Chicken or fish broth: The base of this broth is made from either chicken or fish broth, both of which contain valuable nutrients such as protein, collagen and minerals that support bone health and immune function.
- Thai red curry paste: The red Thai curry paste, enriched with a mixture of herbs and spices, gives the broth both heat and flavor. It contains ingredients such as garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chili peppers, which are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Kaffir lime leaves: These fragrant leaves not only give the broth a distinctive citrus-like aroma, but also provide various health benefits. Its essential oils contain compounds with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and digestive properties.
- Fish sauce: Fish sauce is a staple ingredient in Thai cuisine and adds a savory, umami flavor to the broth. It is rich in essential amino acids and minerals such as iodine, which is known to support thyroid function.
- Sustainable white fish without skin: This recipe recommends using skinless, sustainable white fish like pollock, which is low in fat and high in protein. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are linked to heart health and reducing inflammation.
- Raw king prawns: Shrimp are a good source of lean protein as well as important vitamins and minerals such as selenium, zinc and magnesium. They are also low in calories and can contribute to a balanced diet.
- Pak choi: These leafy greens not only add vibrant color to the dish but are also full of nutrients. Bok choy is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K as well as fiber. It also contains compounds that may have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Coriander leaves: The finishing touch is coriander leaves, which add a touch of freshness. They are rich in antioxidants and are said to have antibacterial properties. Coriander leaves can also improve digestion and promote healthy skin.
The combination of these nutritious ingredients makes Thai-style fish broth with vegetables not only a delicious dish, but also a healthy addition to your diet.