Discover the sensational flavors of our Thai chicken skewers, grilled to perfection on bamboo skewers. Marinated in a delicious blend of fragrant Asian spices, these juicy kebabs deliver an explosion of flavor with every bite. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick and tasty appetizer, these skewers are simply irresistible. The juicy chicken is beautifully browned on the outside, but remains tender and juicy on the inside. Treat your guests to this effortless yet impressive canapé that will transport their taste buds to the vibrant streets of Thailand.
- 4 limes, juice, plus zest of 1
- 1 bunch of coriander, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1½ tsp Thai curry paste
- 8 skinless chicken breast fillets
- sweet chili sauce for serving
Tip for a dinner party
Thread the chicken onto skewers before your guests arrive. Cook in batches as needed.
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, zest, coriander stalks, sugar, fish sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and curry paste.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 strips and brush with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to half a day.
- Soak 32 wooden skewers in water for at least half an hour.
- Thread each strip onto a wooden skewer and weave it in and out as if you were sewing.
- Preheat the grill and cook the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Serve with a pot of sweet chili sauce and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.
Equipment and tools
To prepare Thai chicken skewers, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill
- Bowl or container for marinating
- cutting board
- A garlic press
This Thai chicken skewers recipe contains the following allergens:
- Fish (fish sauce)
Please keep this in mind if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Thai chicken skewers, follow these storage tips:
- Allow the skewers to cool.
- Remove the chicken from the skewer and place it in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
To reheat leftovers, you can either grill them or microwave them until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Thai Chicken Skewers
In addition to being a delicious and flavorful dish, Thai chicken skewers also offer several health benefits. Packed with nutrients and low in fat, these skewers are a nutritious addition to your diet. Let’s explore some of the health benefits of Thai chicken skewers.
1. Rich in protein
Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting the immune system, and maintaining healthy muscles. Consuming adequate protein intake is also beneficial for weight control and promotes satiety.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
Thai chicken skewers contain ingredients like lime and cilantro, which are rich in vitamins and minerals. Limes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and promotes collagen production for healthy skin. Cilantro is a good source of vitamin K and other antioxidants that help protect against cell damage.
3. Little fat
By using skinless chicken breast and minimal added oil, Thai chicken skewers are a low-fat option compared to other meat dishes. Lower fat levels can help maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Anti-inflammatory properties
Using ingredients like ginger and Thai curry paste in the marinade of these skewers gives the dish anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger contains compounds called gingerols, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Thai curry paste often contains spices like turmeric, which contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory compound.
5. Versatile and customizable
Thai chicken skewers can be customized to suit individual dietary preferences and needs. Whether you prefer to make them gluten-free, dairy-free, or add additional vegetables to the skewers, this dish offers versatility to suit different dietary needs.
Overall, Thai chicken skewers offer a combination of great taste and numerous health benefits. From the high protein content to the anti-inflammatory properties of the marinade ingredients, this dish is a healthy choice for your next dinner party or any other occasion.
Dinner party tip:
Thread the chicken onto skewers before your guests arrive. Not only does this save time during the party, but it also allows you to prepare the skewers in batches as needed so everyone can enjoy freshly grilled Thai chicken skewers.