Treat yourself to the ultimate healthy feast with our Thai Beef Salad recipe. This delicious salad consists of tender rump steak paired with a delicious Thai chili dressing. Have your spiralizer ready to add a fun touch to your plate while you enjoy this simple but incredibly flavorful dinner. This dish combines the perfect balance of low calorie and high satiety, leaving you feeling nourished and satisfied. Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with every refreshing bite of this vibrant and filling Thai Beef Salad.
- 300 g rump steaks, fat removed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 red chili, deseeded and sliced (bird’s eye chilies work well)
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 85g bag of baby leaf lettuce
- 140g bean sprouts
- 140g red grapes, halved
- steamed rice for serving (optional)
For the juiciest steak, cook it at room temperature rather than in the refrigerator. Always let it rest for a few minutes before eating so that the juice can settle in the meat.
- Rub the steak with 1 teaspoon of oil and season.
- Fry in a hot pan for 2-2½ minutes on each side (depending on thickness), for medium rare. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by combining lime juice, chili, sugar and remaining oil in a bowl. Set aside until the sugar has dissolved.
- Divide the lettuce leaves, bean sprouts and grapes between two bowls.
- Cut the steak into thin slices and add the juice to the dressing.
- Drizzle over the salads, toss with the sliced beef and serve immediately with rice, if desired.
The table below lists the equipment and tools you will need to make Thai beef salad:
Equipment and tools
To ensure the safety of those with food allergies, please note the following allergen information:
This Thai Beef Salad recipe contains the following allergens:
- Bean sprouts
It may also contain traces of nuts and other allergens. Please exercise caution if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Here are some guidelines for storing and handling leftovers from your Thai beef salad:
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Thai beef salad, follow these recommendations:
- Allow the salad to cool completely.
- Transfer the salad to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate within two hours of cooking.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- If you want to eat the salad, reheat it thoroughly before eating.
Do not leave leftovers at room temperature for more than two hours to prevent harmful bacteria from growing.
Enjoy your Thai beef salad!
Health Benefits of Thai Beef Salad
Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavors and bright colors, and Thai beef salad is no exception. Packed with fresh ingredients and a wonderful balance of sweet, sour and spicy flavors, this dish will not only tantalize your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits.
One of the main ingredients in Thai beef salad is rump steak. Rump steak is a lean cut of beef that is low in fat and high in protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting muscle growth, and supporting a healthy immune system. Including lean protein in your meal will help you feel fuller for longer, reduce cravings, and help with weight control.
Vitamins and antioxidants
This aromatic salad also contains a variety of vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Baby leaf lettuce, bean sprouts and red grapes are full of essential nutrients. Baby leaf lettuce is a great source of vitamins A, C and K, as well as folic acid and potassium. Bean sprouts contain vitamins C and B as well as fiber for better digestion. Red grapes are rich in vitamin C and contain powerful antioxidants that protect your cells from free radical damage.
Spicy kick with chili
The addition of sliced red chili peppers in Thai beef salad gives the dish a spicy touch and even more health benefits. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory properties. They can help improve digestion, boost metabolism, and even relieve pain. Chili peppers are also rich in vitamins A and C as well as potassium and manganese.
Low calorie option
If you’re watching your calorie intake, Thai beef salad is a good choice. This salad is light and refreshing, making it suitable for anyone who wants to maintain weight or lose weight. The ingredients are naturally low in calories but still provide important nutrients. For a more filling meal, you can serve the salad with steamed rice on the side. However, pay attention to portion sizes to keep the calorie count under control.
In summary, Thai beef salad not only satisfies your taste buds with its vibrant flavors but also offers several health benefits. From lean protein and vitamins to antioxidants and metabolism-boosting properties, this dish is a great choice for a delicious and nutritious meal.