Treat yourself to the irresistible combination of sweet lemon and tangy goat cheese with this decadent cake. The rich and creamy texture of this dessert perfectly complements the zesty lemon flavor for a truly delicious treat. Baked to perfection, each bite delivers a tantalizing hint of citrusy freshness, enhanced by the unique and delicate flavor of goat cheese. This dessert is a delicious sweet and salty surprise that will leave you wanting more. Treat yourself and your loved ones to this exquisite and extraordinary combination for a truly unforgettable dessert experience.
- 500g pack of ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Zest and squeeze 2 lemons
- 140g powdered sugar
- 200 ml can of crème fraîche
- 100g pack of fresh goat cheese without rind, coarsely crumbled
- Blackberries or other fruit for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Roll out the dough and line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin about 3-4cm deep.
- Chill the tart pan lined with baking paper for 30 minutes.
- Line the dough with baking paper and fill it with baking beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper and beans.
- Brush the inside of the cake with a little beaten egg.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Remove heat and reduce to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2.
- Mix zest, juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining eggs and crème fraîche.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher.
- Place the tart base on a baking tray in the oven.
- Pour in the lemon mixture.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Until it is firm and there is a slight wobble in the middle.
- Serve warm or cold, garnished with fruit.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Tart mold (approx. 23 cm diameter)
- baking paper
- Bake beans or rice
- Cooling rack
This sweet lemon goat cheese cake contains the following allergens:
- Crème fraîche (may contain milk)
- Goat cheese (may contain milk)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers of the sweet lemon goat cheese cake, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the slices in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Sweet Lemon Goat Cheese Tart
The combination of sweet lemon and goat cheese in this tart not only provides a delicious taste but also offers several health benefits. Let’s explore some of the nutritional benefits of this delicious dessert.
1. Rich in Vitamin C
The zest and juice of two lemons used in this tart provide a significant amount of vitamin C. Known for its antioxidant properties, vitamin C plays a crucial role in strengthening the immune system, promoting collagen production and protecting the body from harmful free radicals.
2. Excellent source of protein
Goat cheese, a key ingredient in this recipe, is a rich source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining good overall health. Including protein-rich foods like goat cheese in your diet can help improve satiety and control appetite.
3. Source of calcium
Goat cheese is also a good source of calcium, which is essential for the health and development of bones and teeth. Eating calcium-rich foods like goat cheese can help prevent osteoporosis and maintain bone strength, especially as you age.
4. Low added sugar
The sweetness of this cake comes from natural ingredients such as lemon peel and a small amount of powdered sugar. By using minimal added sugar, you can enjoy a delicious dessert while reducing the risk of excessive sugar intake, which is linked to various health problems such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
5. Contains healthy fats
While moderation is key, the crème fraîche used in this recipe provides a source of healthy fats. These healthy fats, including monounsaturated fats, can promote satiety, support brain function, and aid the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
6. Customizable with berries
To further boost your health, you can serve the cake with blackberries or other seasonal fruits. Berries like blackberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. They are known to support heart health, aid digestion, and provide the body with essential nutrients.