Treat yourself to a nutritious and refreshing superfood salad with citrus dressing. This tantalizing dish is expertly prepared with a blend of healthy ingredients. Delicious broccoli, protein-rich soybeans, creamy avocados, vibrant spinach and a variety of tantalizing herbs come together to create a true superfood feeling. Garnished with delicious pomegranate seeds and crunchy pumpkin seeds, every bite is bursting with flavor and deliciousness. And don’t forget the tangy citrus dressing that perfectly complements this healthy ensemble. Invigorate your taste buds and feel invigorated with this sensational quinoa salad.
- 250g purple sprouted broccoli, halved (or into bite-sized pieces)
- 175g frozen soybeans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 250g bag cooked quinoa
- 100g bag of baby spinach
- A handful of soft herbs (parsley, basil, coriander or mint work well), chopped
- 100g can of pomegranate seeds
- 100g bag of pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry pan until they pop
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon or lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or gluten-free alternative)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice-cold water.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soybeans and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and add them to cold water.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes until cool.
- Drain the vegetables and leave them in the sieve.
- Dry the large bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocados.
- Cut the avocados into rough cubes and add to the dressing.
- Add the quinoa, spinach, herbs, half of the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds and the cooked vegetables to the bowl.
- Mix everything carefully.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining seeds.
Any leftovers can be left in the fridge for lunch the next day.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this superfood salad with citrus dressing, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- Big pot
- Steamer or colander
- mixing bowl
- spoon or whisk
- frying pan
This superfood salad with citrus dressing contains the following allergens:
- Nuts (pumpkin seeds)
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this superfood salad with citrus dressing, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, for maximum freshness and flavor, it is best to consume the salad immediately after preparation.
Health Benefits of Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing
The Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing is packed with nutritious ingredients that offer numerous health benefits. From the antioxidant-rich vegetables to the omega-3 fatty acids in the dressing, this salad is a nutritional powerhouse. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of each ingredient:
Purple sprouting broccoli
Purple sprouting broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that contains high levels of vitamins C, K and A. It is also rich in fiber and antioxidants, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and promote better digestion.
Soybeans are an excellent source of plant-based protein and contain all essential amino acids. They are also rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Including soybeans in your diet can help improve heart health, lower cholesterol and maintain healthy bones.
Avocado is a nutritious fruit that contains a good amount of healthy fats, including monounsaturated fats. These fats have positive effects on heart health and can help lower bad cholesterol levels. Avocado also provides fiber and essential nutrients such as vitamins C, E and K.
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that serves as an excellent source of protein, fiber and essential minerals such as magnesium, zinc and iron. It is also considered a complete protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids. Including quinoa in your diet can help with weight control and improve overall health.
Baby spinach is a nutrient-dense leafy vegetable that is low in calories but full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, folic acid and iron. Regular consumption of baby spinach can support bone health, promote healthy skin, and boost immune function.
Soft herbs like parsley, basil, coriander or mint not only add flavor to the salad, but also offer their own health benefits. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that support overall health and well-being.
Pomegranate seeds are a rich source of antioxidants, particularly polyphenols, which are thought to have numerous health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and increasing cognitive function.
Pumpkin seeds are full of nutrients such as magnesium, zinc, iron and antioxidants. They are a great source of healthy fats and can support heart health, improve digestion and boost the immune system.
The citrus dressing made from lemon or lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and virgin canola oil gives the salad a tangy and refreshing taste. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which can boost immune function, promote healthy skin, and support collagen production.
By incorporating Superfood Salad with Citrus Dressing into your diet, you will reap numerous health benefits while enjoying a delicious and nutritious meal.