Are you looking for a healthy and delicious dish to enjoy this summer? Then our summer salmon pasta recipe is just right for you! This delicious dish is not only bursting with flavor but is also packed with nutritious vegetables, ensuring a healthy meal. Whether you’re a vegetarian or a seafood lover, this recipe is easily adaptable to your dietary preferences. With a satisfying combination of salmon and fresh vegetables, this pasta dish is sure to leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Don’t miss the opportunity to try this delicious recipe!
- 350g penne
- 2 salmon steaks, about 175 g each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- a handful of basil leaves
Make it vegetarian
For a vegetarian version of this dish, leave out the salmon and add two zucchini cut into pieces and 100g cherry tomatoes to the pan along with the peppers.
- First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, add the salmon to the boiling water 6 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Heat the oil in a pan and toast the pine nuts. After roasting, add the pepper and cook until soft. Then add the mushrooms and stir until they become soft.
- Next, add a ladleful of pasta water to the pan with the mushrooms and peppers.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove the salmon from the water and place it on a plate. Drain the noodles.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces with a fork and add them to the pan along with the mushrooms and peppers.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with the basil leaves.
- Season with pepper and mix all ingredients lightly.
- The summer salmon noodles are now ready to serve.
Equipment and tools
To make these summer salmon noodles you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large pot for cooking the penne
- Frying pan for cooking salmon, vegetables and pine nuts
- Wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- Knife for chopping red peppers and mushrooms
This summer salmon pasta recipe contains the following allergens:
- Fish (salmon)
- Tree nuts (pine nuts)
It is important to consider these allergens if you or anyone consuming the dish has allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this summer salmon pasta, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When reheating leftovers, we recommend doing so on the stove or in the microwave until warmed through. Avoid overcooking to prevent the pasta from becoming mushy.
Note that the texture of the salmon may change slightly when reheated, but the flavor should still be delicious.
Health Benefits of Summer Salmon Pasta
The combination of fresh salmon and various vegetables in Summer Salmon Pasta not only makes for a delicious meal but also offers several health benefits. Incorporating this dish into your diet can provide you with important nutrients and support your overall well-being.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids
The main ingredient in this recipe, salmon, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats have been extensively studied for their numerous benefits, such as: B. reducing inflammation, improving heart health and supporting brain function. Consuming omega-3 fatty acids can also contribute to healthy skin and help alleviate certain mood disorders.
Salmon is an excellent source of high-quality protein, essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and producing enzymes and hormones. Including proteins like salmon in your meals can help you feel fuller for longer, maintain a healthy weight, and support muscle growth and development.
3. Vitamins and minerals
Summer salmon pasta is rich in various vegetables that give the dish a range of vitamins and minerals. Red pepper is rich in vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system and contributes to collagen production for healthy skin. Mushrooms provide essential nutrients such as selenium, copper and B vitamins, which play a role in energy production and maintaining a strong immune system. Basil adds a fresh touch and is a good source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health.
The addition of red pepper and basil to this pasta dish brings a healthy dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that help protect our cells from free radical damage. These are unstable molecules that can contribute to various health problems. Eating foods rich in antioxidants, such as red peppers and basil, can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease and certain cancers.
5. Versatile and customizable
To make this dish suitable for vegetarians, you can simply omit the salmon and add zucchini and cherry tomatoes instead. By making this simple change, you’ll still get a nutritious meal full of vegetables and a variety of flavors. This versatility allows you to customize the recipe to suit your dietary preferences and needs.
Overall, Summer Salmon Pasta offers a range of health benefits, from providing omega-3 fatty acids and essential nutrients to antioxidants and versatile options. Incorporating this dish into your summer menu will allow you to enjoy a tasty meal while providing your body with the nutrients it deserves.