Introducing our delicious “Summer Nachos with Shrimp” recipe! This unique seafood dish combines the irresistible flavors of succulent shrimp and fiery jalapeños, making it the perfect choice for a summer gathering or sharing with friends.
Our recipe guarantees a delicious explosion of flavor as the shrimp are perfectly seasoned and combined with crispy nachos, creating a match made in heaven. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue or just enjoying a sunny day by the pool, these nachos will leave you wanting more. Don’t miss this summer sensation!
- 200g bag of spicy or cool tortilla chips
- small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 5-ounce pot sour cream or low-fat crème frâiche
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 200g bag cooked prawns, thawed and drained
- sliced jalapeño peppers from a jar (optional)
Make it vegetarian
Peel, stone, slice and use a ripe avocado
instead of the shrimp. Add some lime
Juice to keep it from discoloring.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a large plate.
- Stir most of the coriander into the sour cream or crème fraîche.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lime quarter and season to taste.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients and remaining coriander on top.
- Serve the summer nachos immediately with shrimp.
Equipment and tools
To prepare summer nachos with shrimp, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
Please note the following allergen information for summer nachos with shrimp:
- This recipe contains shellfish (shrimp).
- If you have a shellfish allergy, please avoid eating this dish or replace the shrimp with avocado (see tip below).
- The tortilla chips may contain gluten. So if you have a gluten intolerance or allergy, choose gluten-free tortilla chips instead.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover summer shrimp nachos, follow these storage recommendations:
- Place remaining nachos in an airtight container.
- Place leftovers in the refrigerator within two hours of cooking.
- Leftover nachos can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Health Benefits of “Summer Shrimp Nachos”
Nachos are often considered a bad treat, but when given a healthy twist by using fresh ingredients and nutritious toppings, they can actually be a healthy and filling snack. In this article section, you will learn about the health benefits of “Summer Nachos with Shrimp” and why you should think about including them in your diet.
1. Rich in protein
Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in building and repairing tissue and supporting the immune system. The cooked shrimp used in this recipe are an excellent source of lean protein. Consuming an adequate amount of protein can also help promote satiety and aid in weight management.
2. Rich in healthy fats
While traditional nachos are often full of unhealthy fats, “Summer Shrimp Nachos” offer a healthier alternative. By using low-fat crème fraîche or sour cream, you can still enjoy a creamy consistency without excessive fat content. Additionally, avocados can replace shrimp and provide a source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which have been linked to improved heart health.
3. Packed with vitamins and minerals
Using tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro in this recipe provides a ton of vitamins and minerals. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, which supports immune function and collagen production. Scallions provide important nutrients like vitamin K and folic acid, while cilantro contains antioxidants that help fight inflammation and support overall health.
4. High-fiber tortilla chips
The tortilla chips used in this recipe can be either spicy or cool, depending on your taste. Regardless of the flavor, tortilla chips are made from corn, a whole grain. Whole grains are rich in fiber, which promotes healthy digestion, reduces the risk of heart disease and helps maintain a healthy weight.
5. Flexibility for vegetarian options
If you prefer a vegetarian option, this recipe offers a suggestion to replace shrimp with ripe avocado. Avocado is a nutritious fruit full of vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. By tossing the avocado in lime juice, you can prevent it from discoloring and add a tangy flavor to your vegetarian nachos.
By choosing “Summer Nachos with Shrimp” as a snack or appetizer, you can enjoy a tasty meal while reaping numerous health benefits. The combination of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber-rich tortilla chips make it a filling and nutritious choice.