This fruity cake is the epitome of summer celebrations. It’s bursting with juicy flavors, is both visually stunning and a breeze to prepare, making it an ideal choice for birthdays or as a delicious dessert option. The combination of delicate cake layers with seasonal fruits and a delicious glaze will tantalize your taste buds and leave a lasting impression. Whether you’re hosting a sunny get-together or just looking for a touch of summer cheer, this easy-to-make cake is a delicious choice that will make any occasion extra special.
- Simple Vanilla Cake Mix (see recipe below – you don’t need the syrup)
- 2 x 170g baskets of raspberries
- 225 g blueberries in a basket
- 225g can of crème fraîche
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 23cm loose-bottomed round cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Make the Easy Vanilla Cake Dough (see “Suitable”) and spread half of it into the tin.
- Mix half of the berries into the remaining cake batter.
- Pour the berry mixture over the first layer of cake batter and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a skewer – it should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove it from the tin and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, place it on a plate.
- Spread the crème fraîche on the cake.
- Pile the remaining berries on top of the cake.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar if desired.
- The cake is best eaten fresh, but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Before serving, bring the cake to room temperature and top with cream and fruit.
Equipment and tools
To bake this summer celebration cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowls
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Springform pan for cakes
- parchment paper or baking spray
- Cooling rack
- Spatula or offset spatula
This summer celebration cake may contain allergens. Please note the following allergen information:
- Contains gluten
- Contains dairy products
Storage and leftovers
To store your summer festival cake and dispose of leftovers, follow these steps:
- Allow cake to cool completely before storing.
- Store the cake in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator if it contains perishable ingredients such as crème fraîche and berries.
- The cake should stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Place leftovers in the refrigerator immediately before serving and consume within 2 days.
- If necessary, sprinkle individual slices with powdered sugar before serving.
Health Benefits of Summer Festival Cakes
The Summer Celebration Cake not only delights your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the main ingredients and their nutritional properties:
Raspberries, included in two 170-gram baskets in this recipe, are a nutritional powerhouse. These vibrant berries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. They are known for their potential benefits in:
- Strengthening the immune system
- Supporting heart health
- Improve digestion
- Reduce inflammation
- Promote healthy skin
The recipe includes a 225 gram punnet of blueberries, another delicious and nutritious fruit. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, especially anthocyanins, which give them their bright blue color. Health benefits of blueberries include:
- Supports brain health and cognitive function
- Protection against heart disease
- Reducing the risk of certain types of cancer
- Supports digestion
- Improving blood sugar control
3. Creme fraîche
Crème fraîche, available in a 225 gram can, is a creamy and flavorful dairy product. Although it contains more fat than some other alternatives, it offers several health benefits:
- Contains beneficial probiotics that support gut health
- Provides various vitamins and minerals including calcium
- Can be a good source of energy
- Improves the taste and texture of desserts
4. Simple Vanilla Cake Mix
The cake mix used in this recipe is not only convenient, but can also be customized to be more nutritious. By using whole wheat flour, reducing the sugar content, or adding ground flax seeds, you can increase the nutritional value of the cake while enjoying its deliciousness.
5. Powdered sugar (optional)
The powdered sugar to garnish the summer festival cake is optional. Although it is sweeter and more visually appealing, it is important to consume it in moderation as it is high in calories and has a high glycemic index.
The combination of these ingredients makes the Summer Celebration Cake a delicious treat that can also contribute to a balanced and nutritious diet. With the natural goodness of raspberries, blueberries and crème fraîche, this cake lets you enjoy a guilt-free summer dessert.