This delicious lamb dish only takes a few minutes to prepare. The juicy lamb chops are coated in a sweet and crispy sugar crust that ensures a perfect balance of flavors. The caramelized sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the perfectly cooked, tender lamb, making it an irresistible choice for any special occasion or weeknight dinner. Thanks to its quick and easy preparation, this sugar-crusted lamb recipe is sure to become a favorite. Enjoy the delicious combination of flavors and textures in this delicious dish!
- 4 lamb chops, 350g total weight
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon or English mustard
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 medium sized baking potato, no need to peel
- Leaves from a rosemary branch
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the sugar on a plate.
- Spread the lamb chops with mustard.
- Scatter rosemary leaves on the schnitzels.
- Roll the schnitzels in the sugar.
- Drizzle a little oil onto a non-stick baking tray or tray.
- Cut the potato as thinly as possible.
- Pat the potato slices dry on a paper towel.
- Spread the potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potato slices with a little more oil.
- Grind black pepper over the potato slices.
- Scatter a few more rosemary leaves over the potato slices.
- Place the lamb chops on top of the potato slices.
- Grill for 10 minutes without turning.
- Cook until the lamb and potatoes are golden brown.
Equipment and tools
Before you begin preparing the sugar-crusted lamb, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- Basting brush
Please note that the sugar crusted lamb recipe contains the following allergens:
Be sure to check the labels of all ingredients used to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover sugar-crusted lamb, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, be sure to do it thoroughly to avoid foodborne illness.
Here are a few ideas for using the leftovers:
- Try adding the sliced lamb to a salad or wrap for a quick and tasty meal.
- Make a delicious lamb sandwich with some crusty bread and your favorite condiments.
- Shred the leftover lamb and use it as a topping for homemade pizza or flatbread.
Health Benefits of Sugar Crusted Lamb
The sugar-crusted lamb recipe may sound indulgent, but it can still provide some health benefits when enjoyed in moderation. By using healthy ingredients and a balanced cooking method, this dish can be part of a nutritious diet. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits:
1. Protein-rich lamb
Lamb chops, the star of this recipe, are an excellent source of protein. Protein is important for building and repairing tissue, supporting the immune system, and promoting healthy hair and nails. Including lamb meat in your diet can help you meet your daily protein needs.
2. Nutrient-rich potatoes
The recipe includes a medium-sized baked potato, which provides a good amount of vitamins and minerals. Potatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Vitamin C is important for a healthy immune system, potassium supports heart health and fiber supports digestion.
3. The antioxidant power of rosemary
The lamb chops are complemented by rosemary leaves, which not only add a delicious taste but also provide some health benefits. Rosemary contains antioxidants that help protect the body’s cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals. These antioxidants may also have anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Controlled sugar consumption
While the sugar crust aspect of this recipe may seem concerning, it’s important to note that the dish only requires a small amount of Demerara sugar. The sweetness of the sugar can help caramelize the outside of the lamb, creating a flavorful crust. Consumed in moderation, sugar can still be part of a balanced diet.
Keep in mind that while this recipe offers some health benefits, it’s important to consider portion sizes and balance it with a variety of other nutritious foods. Eating a balanced diet that includes lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and healthy fats is key to maintaining good overall health.