Treat yourself to the delicious taste of our stuffed chicken with lemon, capers and chili. Experience a touch of creaminess when tender chicken breasts are generously stuffed with a delicious blend of cream cheese, zesty lemon and tangy capers. While the chicken cooks to perfection, it is lovingly placed on a bed of irresistible, garlicky tomato sauce. Each juicy bite is accompanied by a hint of fiery chili spice, awakening your taste buds for an unforgettable culinary experience. Treat yourself to this tempting dish that combines savory, creamy and spicy elements, making it an absolute experience for your taste buds.
- 2 large chicken breasts, with skin on
- 4 tbsp ricotta
- Zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- small handful of parsley
- for serving, boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then use your finger to form a pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, half of the lemon zest, Parmesan, capers, chili flakes and some spices.
- Push the mixture into the pockets, then seal each opening with a toothpick.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish, drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over it and season.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- In the meantime prepare the sauce.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, season and simmer for another 10 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Divide between 2 plates, place the chicken on top and sprinkle with the parsley and the remaining zest.
- Serve with potatoes if desired.
Equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- mixing bowl
- baking pan
- baking tray
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (ricotta, parmesan)
Storage and leftovers:
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, be sure to heat the chicken thoroughly to an internal temperature of 74°C (165°F) before eating.
The health benefits of stuffed chicken with lemon, capers and chili
When it comes to delicious and healthy meals, lemon, caper and chili stuffed chicken is a great choice. This recipe combines healthy ingredients that will not only delight your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits.
1. Chicken breast – lean source of protein
The main ingredient in this recipe is large skin-on chicken breast fillets. Chicken breast is a fantastic source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, maintaining muscle mass, and supporting a healthy immune system.
2. Ricotta – creamy and low in fat
Adding ricotta cheese to the filling mix not only provides a creamy consistency but also enhances the health benefits of this dish. Ricotta cheese is low in fat and contains protein, calcium and phosphorus, which support bone health and provide energy.
3. Lemon – Immunity booster
The recipe calls for lemon zest, which not only provides a refreshing, tangy taste but also provides a number of health benefits. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system, promotes collagen production and aids iron absorption.
4. Parmesan – Packed with nutrients
Grated Parmesan gives the filling a spicy touch. Parmesan is rich in essential nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and protein. It also contains vitamins A and B12, which support bone health and overall well-being.
5. Capers – Antioxidant powerhouse
Capers are a unique ingredient that gives the filling a distinctive spicy flavor. They are packed with antioxidants that help fight inflammation and protect against oxidative stress. In addition, capers are a good source of fiber and aid digestion.
6. Chili flakes – metabolism booster
Crushed chili flakes give the filling a spicy note. Chili flakes contain capsaicin, a compound known to boost metabolism and improve fat burning. They also relieve pain, promote heart health and support a healthy digestive process.
7. Olive oil – heart-healthy fats
Olive oil used to cook the stuffed chicken is a healthier alternative to other cooking oils. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which have positive effects on heart health, reduce inflammation and regulate cholesterol levels.
8. Garlic – immune boosting and anti-inflammatory
Garlic, a commonly used ingredient, gives this dish a special flavor. It is known for its immune-boosting properties and ability to fight off infections. Garlic also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help lower blood pressure.
9. Tomatoes – Nutrient-rich base
The recipe includes a can of chopped tomatoes as part of the sauce. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium and other important minerals. They also contain lycopene, an antioxidant known to reduce the risk of certain diseases.
10. Parsley – detoxifying and digestive
A small handful of parsley gives this dish a fresh touch. Parsley is not only an aromatic herb, but also rich in vitamins A, C and K. It acts as a natural detoxifier, supports liver function and aids digestion thanks to its high fiber content.
By using these healthy ingredients and cooking methods, this stuffed chicken recipe provides a well-rounded meal that satisfies both your taste buds and your body’s nutritional needs.
Serve this delicious dish with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes for a healthy and filling meal.