A Savarin is like a large rum baba, except this version is soaked in dessert wine for a light, summery touch. The combination of fresh strawberries and sweet wine creates a harmonious and refreshing dessert. This exquisite treat is perfect for warm summer days or special occasions. The spongy texture of the Savarin contrasts beautifully with the juicy strawberries and creates a delicious explosion of flavor. Whether enjoyed plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this strawberry sweet wine savarin is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
- 200 g strong flour
- 1 tbsp golden powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp easy-to-mix yeast
- 125 ml warm milk
- 2 large eggs
- 50g soft butter
- warm apricot jam
- 575 ml double cream for serving
- 4 200g golden powdered sugar
- 4 strips lemon peel (use a potato peeler)
- 300 ml dessert wine, e.g. B. Muscatde Beune de Venise or Orange Muscat
- 2 x 400 g strawberries, peeled and halved
- Juice 1?2 lemon
- 3 tbsp golden powdered sugar
Don’t let this put you off
Yeast – it’s the easy-to-mix variety, so simple
Make a sticky dough – no kneading required.Make and take
Leave the savarin in the mold and then turn it out
Place on the serving platter and spread with jam on site.
The strawberries can be mixed beforehand
be stacked in the middle.Sara says…
Offering guests a choice of puddings is the perfect finishing touch
and will leave you with fond memories of the meal
- Mix flour, sugar and yeast in a bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Mix the milk and eggs together, then pour in and mix well until you have a thick, sticky dough.
- Spread the butter over the top, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the syrup. Heat the sugar and zest with 125 ml of water until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in wine.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- When the dough has risen, beat it with a wooden spoon to combine the butter, about 1 minute.
- Pour the dough into a buttered 25cm ring tin.
- Cover with oiled cling film and let stand until the tin is three quarters high.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake the dough for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- Pour the wine syrup over it.
- Cover and let stand until serving.
- Tip the Savarin onto a large serving plate.
- Spread the savarin with jam to make it sticky.
- Mix the strawberries with the lemon and sugar.
- Mound the strawberry mixture in the center of the savarin.
- If available, decorate with strawberry leaves.
- Serve with cream.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe for savarin with strawberries and sweet wine you will need:
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 savarin form
- 1 serving plate
- 1 pastry brush
This recipe for Savarin with strawberries and sweet wine contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers from this strawberry sweet wine savarin, you can store them as follows:
- Leave the savarin in its mold so that it retains its shape.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving platter.
- Spread the savarin with warm apricot jam before serving.
- The strawberries can be mixed beforehand and kept ready for stacking in the middle.
Health Benefits of Strawberry and Sweet Wine Savarin
Strawberry Sweet Wine Savarin not only satisfies your dessert cravings but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a look at how the ingredients in this delicious treat can contribute to your well-being:
One of the main ingredients in this recipe is strawberries. These juicy and vibrant berries are packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants that promote health. Here are some benefits of eating strawberries:
- Rich in Vitamin C: Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and helps protect the body from disease.
- Helps with weight management: Strawberries are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great addition to a balanced diet. The fiber content can help you feel fuller for longer and reduce the risk of overeating.
- Heart Healthy: The antioxidants found in strawberries, such as anthocyanins, are known to have a positive impact on heart health by reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Promotes Skin Health: The high amounts of antioxidants in strawberries help fight oxidative stress, which can contribute to skin aging. Regular consumption of strawberries can help maintain a youthful and healthy complexion.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Strawberries contain natural anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body and protect against chronic diseases.
The dessert wine used in this recipe not only enhances the flavor but also offers some health benefits:
- Resveratrol content: Sweet wines such as Muscat de Beaumes de Venise or Orange Muscat may contain resveratrol, a compound found in grapes. Resveratrol has been linked to various health benefits, including brain health and reducing the risk of certain cancers.
- Cardiovascular health: Moderate consumption of sweet wine is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease. The antioxidants found in wine help protect against oxidative stress and improve heart health.
- Relaxation and stress relief: A glass of sweet wine can provide a feeling of relaxation and help reduce stress. When consumed in moderation, it can contribute to general well-being.
Keeping these health benefits in mind, the Strawberry and Sweet Wine Savarin not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also provides a nutritious and enjoyable dessert option. Treat yourself to this delicious treat, indulge in its flavors and at the same time benefit from the benefits it offers for your health!