Introducing guilt-free sticky toffee puddings, a delicious twist on the classic dessert that won’t weigh you down. Enjoy the deliciousness of sticky dates, perfectly complemented by the natural sweetness of maple syrup. This lighter version offers delicious pleasure without the guilt. Pamper yourself worry-free and enjoy every bite of this delicious treat. Enjoy the perfect balance of flavors and textures and transport yourself to a world of pure bliss. Treat yourself to these guilt-free sticky toffee puds and experience guilt-free indulgence like never before!
- 175g pitted dried dates
- 150 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 85g self-raising flour
- 0% Greek yogurt and extra maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4/fan 160°C.
- Put the dates and 175 ml of water in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place dates and water in a food processor.
- Add 6 tablespoons maple syrup and vanilla extract to the food processor.
- Puree the ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to a bowl.
- Mix in the egg yolk and then the flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the date mixture.
- Pour a tablespoon of maple syrup into each of the four 200ml pudding tins.
- Pour the date mixture over the maple syrup into each mold.
- Cover each pudding pan tightly with foil.
- Place the covered molds in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour hot water into the mold until it comes halfway up the sides of the molds.
- Cook the pudding in the oven for 1 hour.
- Check if the pudding is ready by inserting a skewer into the center. It should come out clean.
- Uncover the molds and run a knife around the edges to loosen the pudding.
- Turn the pudding out onto plates.
- Before serving, drizzle yogurt and maple syrup over the pudding if desired.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Food processor (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Ramekins or pudding molds
- parchment paper
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Wheat flour)
Before preparing this recipe, please ensure that you or your guests are not allergic to any of the ingredients listed. If necessary, you can substitute or exclude certain ingredients to accommodate allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can save them for later enjoyment. Here are some tips:
- Allow the sticky toffee puds to cool completely.
- Place them in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftovers, simply warm each individual sticky toffee pud for about 20-30 seconds or until warmed through. You can also reheat them in the oven at a low temperature for a few minutes.
Keep in mind that the consistency may change slightly once they cool, but they will still be delicious.
Guilt-free health benefits of sticky toffee puds
When it comes to enjoying delicious desserts, most of us tend to feel guilty. However, these sticky toffee puddings allow you to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health. Packed with healthy ingredients and no unnecessary additives, these delicious treats offer a range of health benefits you’ll love.
1. Nutrient-rich dates
The main ingredient for guilt-free sticky toffee puddings is pitted dried dates. These sweet fruits are not only rich in natural sugars, but also a great source of essential nutrients. Dates are rich in fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. They are also packed with essential minerals like potassium, magnesium and copper. Additionally, dates add a natural sweetness to desserts, reducing the need for excessive added sugar.
2. Maple syrup – a healthier sweetener
This recipe uses natural maple syrup as a sweetener instead of refined sugar. Maple syrup is a healthier alternative due to its lower glycemic index compared to regular sugar. This means blood sugar levels rise more slowly, avoiding the energy crash associated with high-sugar desserts. In addition, maple syrup contains various antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and manganese, which support a strong immune system and contribute to overall well-being.
3. High quality protein from eggs
With two large eggs in the recipe, these sticky toffee puddings are packed with high-quality protein. Protein is essential for the growth, repair and maintenance of our body tissues. It also helps us feel fuller for longer, reducing the temptation to snack unnecessarily. Incorporating eggs into your guilt-free desserts can contribute to a balanced diet and provide you with a satisfying treat.
4. Self-raising flour – a healthier choice
Using self-raising flour in these puddings eliminates the need for additional leavening agents such as baking powder. This flour contains a balanced amount of baking powder already mixed in, reducing the overall amount of additives. Opting for self-raising flour can help avoid excess sodium or chemical additives found in some commercial baking powders.
5. Optional Greek yogurt topping
For even more creaminess and a protein boost, you can top your sticky toffee puddings with 0% Greek yogurt without feeling guilty. Greek yogurt is an excellent source of calcium and probiotics, which support gut health and aid digestion. It also adds a pleasant spice that complements the sweetness of the sticky toffee puddings. For extra sweetness, drizzle some maple syrup on top if desired.
Eating desserts doesn’t have to mean putting your health at risk. These guilt-free sticky toffee puddings offer a delicious and nutritious option that you can enjoy guilt-free. With the health benefits of nutrient-dense dates, natural maple syrup, high-quality protein from eggs, and the option to add calcium-rich Greek yogurt, these puddings are a delicious way to treat yourself while keeping your well-being in mind.