Introducing our delicious Beef & Bean Hotpot, a healthy and flavorful one-pot wonder that the whole family will love. Juicy cuts of tender beef cooked with a selection of hearty beans, this dish is the epitome of comfort food and is guaranteed to warm your heart and stomach. Enriched with a select blend of aromatic spices, each spoonful takes you into a world of sensational flavors. A filling and nutritious meal that brings everyone together – a must for anyone looking for a hearty and fuss-free culinary adventure!
- 750g lean ground beef
- 1 cube of beef broth
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 450g carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1¼kg/2lb 12oz potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 400g cans baked beans
- Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco sauce to taste
- large handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat a large non-stick pan.
- Add the beef and sauté over medium-high heat until browned. Stir frequently and break up any lumps with a spoon.
- Crumble in the stock cube and mix well.
- Add the vegetables and stir to combine with the beef.
- Pour in enough boiling water (approx. 1.3 liters) to cover the mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir well.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the baked beans.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco to taste.
- Stir well and heat.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with additional Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco for those who like a peppery, spicy flavor.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the beef and bean hotpot recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large cooking pot
Please note the following allergen information before preparing the beef and bean hotpot:
- This recipe contains beef, which may not be suitable for those with beef allergies.
- This recipe contains onions and carrots, which may not be suitable for those with an onion or carrot allergy.
- This recipe contains Worcestershire or Tabasco sauce, which may not be suitable for those with certain sauce allergies.
Storage and leftovers
To store and use leftover beef and bean stew, please follow these guidelines:
- Allow the hotpot to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Warm up thoroughly before consumption.
Health Benefits of Beef & Bean Hotpot
Beef and Bean Stew is a comforting and hearty dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide several health benefits. Packed with nutrient-dense ingredients, this stew is a great choice for a nutritious and balanced meal. Let’s explore the health benefits offered by its key ingredients:
Lean minced meat
With 750g of lean ground beef, this hotpot provides a good source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing cells, supporting healthy muscle growth, and supporting the production of enzymes and hormones.
The two large onions in this recipe not only add flavor but also provide several health benefits. Onions are rich in antioxidants, particularly quercetin, which reduces inflammation and may lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers. They also contain prebiotic fiber, which supports intestinal health and aids digestion.
Carrots are a great addition to this stew as they are full of important vitamins and minerals. They are particularly known for their high content of beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A supports healthy vision, immune function and skin health.
The 1¼kg/2lb 12oz potatoes in this stew provide a good source of carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy. Potatoes also contain vitamin C, potassium and vitamin B6, all of which are important for overall health and proper functioning of the body.
Two 400g cans of baked beans add both flavor and nutritional value to this stew. Baked beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein and fiber. They also provide important minerals such as iron and magnesium, contributing to a well-rounded and balanced meal.
Worcestershire or Tabasco sauce
Adding Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco sauce to taste not only enhances the flavor but also provides potential health benefits. Worcestershire sauce contains a variety of ingredients such as vinegar, molasses and herbs that may have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Tabasco sauce, on the other hand, contains capsaicin, a compound known for its potential to boost metabolism and help with weight control.
A large handful of parsley, coarsely chopped and added as a garnish, not only adds freshness but also provides additional nutritional value. Parsley is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid and iron. It also contains flavonoids, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Overall, this Beef & Bean Hotpot not only satisfies your taste buds but also contributes to a healthy and nutritious meal. From lean protein to a variety of vitamins and minerals, this stew is a healthy choice the whole family can enjoy.