Looking for a delicious way to use up those abundant clementines this holiday season? Then our carrot recipe from St. Clements is just right for you! These irresistibly sticky and lemony roasted carrots are the perfect accompaniment to your feast. With the tangy flavor of clementines combined with the caramelized sweetness of roasted carrots, this dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Easy to make and full of festive flavors, these carrots are a must for any holiday party!
- 800 g carrots, peeled and cleaned
- Grate the peel of 3 clementines and a few slices
- Zest 2 lemons, plus a few slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Roast herb carrots
Follow the recipe until
Step 1, then mix with the butter and a splash of white wine
Wine, a few stalks of fresh thyme, a few sage leaves
and a pinch of sea salt, then roast as in step 2.Move forward
Once you have mixed the carrots together
Ingredients can rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
To serve, simply roast as above.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Halve or quarter the carrots lengthwise depending on their size.
- Add the carrots to the pan, wait for the water to return to a simmer, then cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain well and then place in a large roasting tin.
- While the carrots are still hot, gently toss them with the peel, oil, butter, spices and lemon and clementine slices.
- Tuck the slices between the carrots so they don’t rest on the edge of the tray.
- Roast for 40 minutes until the carrots are golden brown and tender.
Equipment and tools
To prepare St. Clements carrots, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Zester or grater
- Baking dish or tray
- mixing bowl
- spatula or spoon
St. Clements carrot recipe contains the following allergens:
- butter (milk)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover St. Clements carrots, here are some storage and reheating tips:
- Allow the carrots to cool completely before storing them.
- Place the carrots in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the carrots in a baking dish, cover with foil, and heat for about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Health Benefits of St. Clements Carrots
Carrots are known for their numerous health benefits and when combined with the refreshing citrus flavors of clementines and lemons, it creates a delicious dish called St. Clements Carrots. Not only does this dish tantalize the taste buds, but it also provides a range of nutrients that promote overall health and well-being.
1. Rich in Vitamin A
St. Clement’s carrots are packed with the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is important for maintaining good vision, promoting healthy skin and supporting the immune system. Regular consumption of carrots can help improve night vision and protect against age-related macular degeneration.
2. Immune-boosting vitamin C
The addition of clementines and lemons in this recipe gives the carrots an extra dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is known for its immune-boosting properties and plays an important role in supporting the body’s natural defense system. It protects against common illnesses and infections while promoting the production of collagen, a protein beneficial for healthy skin and joints.
3. Rich in fiber
Fiber is an essential nutrient for maintaining a healthy digestive system. With their natural fiber content, St. Clements carrots help regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation. Additionally, a high-fiber diet is associated with a lower risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
4. Antioxidant powerhouse
The combination of carrots, clementines and lemons in this dish provides a range of antioxidants. These compounds help protect the body from harmful free radicals that can cause oxidative stress and cell damage. Eating antioxidant-rich foods like St. Clements carrots may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, including certain cancers and heart disease.
5. Heart-healthy fats
Using olive oil and butter in this recipe not only adds flavor but also provides heart-healthy fats. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, which may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Butter, when consumed in moderation, provides small amounts of beneficial saturated fats.
By incorporating St. Clements carrots into your diet, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious dish that supports your overall health. Remember to experiment with different herbs and spices to tailor the flavors to your preferences.
Prepare these amazing St. Clements carrots in advance and enjoy their health benefits for the next 24 hours by simply roasting them as described above.