Indulge your sweet tooth with our irresistible Squidgy Chocolate Pear Pudding. This delicious dessert is a heavenly combination of dark chocolate and juicy canned pears. The rich, gooey texture and intense chocolate flavor make it a real treat for the senses.
Not only is this pudding incredibly delicious, but it also offers comfort. You can make it in advance and freeze it, making it the ideal choice for a stress-free dessert for a dinner party. Simply pop it in the oven whenever you want to serve it and your guests will be treated to a warm and delicious sweet treat that will leave them wanting more.
- 200g butter, plus a little butter for greasing
- 300g golden powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 75g flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 410g can of pear halves in juice, drained
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa content)
- 25 g flaked almonds (optional)
- Cream or ice cream for serving
Wrap the cooled, unbaked pudding tightly in foil, label it and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, unwrap the pudding and bake from frozen for 50 minutes as described in step 4 above.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish (approx. 20 x 30 cm).
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the sugar until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Gradually add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder over the egg mixture.
- Beat the mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan or mold.
- Place the pears in the chocolate dough.
- Place the chocolate on a board and use a large knife to cut it into 1.5cm pieces.
- Spread the chocolate chips over the dough.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- The pudding can be frozen at this point.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes or until the mixture is crispy on the surface and lightly cooked on the inside.
- Don’t bake for too long, otherwise the cake will become soggy rather than sticky in the middle.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Equipment and tools
To make this delicious chocolate pear pudding you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grease spoon or brush
- mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Oven-safe dishes
- Freezer-safe packaging
Squidgy chocolate pear pudding contains the following allergens:
- Cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate
- Almonds (optional)
- Cream or ice cream (optional)
Storage and leftovers
After making the Squidgy Chocolate Pear Pudding, you can store the leftovers as follows:
- Allow the pudding to cool completely.
- Wrap the cooled, unbaked pudding tightly in foil.
- Label the packaged pudding with the date and contents.
- Store the packaged pudding in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- To serve, unwrap the pudding and bake from frozen for 50 minutes as described in step 4.
If you prefer, you can serve the pudding warmed in the microwave or enjoy chilled.
Health Benefits of Squidgy Chocolate Pear Pudding
Squidgy Chocolate Pear Pudding not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers several health benefits. The combination of ingredients creates a dessert that is both enjoyable and nutritious.
1. Pears for healthy digestion
Using canned pears provides a good source of fiber, which supports healthy digestion. Fiber adds volume to your stool, prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movements. In addition, pears contain sorbitol, a natural sugar alcohol that has a laxative effect and relieves constipation symptoms.
2. Dark chocolate for heart health
Using dark chocolate with a high cocoa content (70%) offers potential heart health benefits. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants called flavonoids, which help reduce inflammation and improve blood circulation, thereby promoting cardiovascular health. Moderate consumption of dark chocolate is associated with a lower risk of heart disease.
3. Almonds to boost nutrients
Although optional, the addition of slivered almonds gives the pudding additional nutritional value. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and supports immune function.
4. Moderate sugar and butter content
Although this pudding contains butter and golden powdered sugar, it is important to note that these ingredients can still be enjoyed in moderation. The key is to enjoy this dessert as a treat rather than consuming it in excess. By practicing portion control, you can enjoy the rich flavors without compromising your overall health.
When it comes to desserts, Squidgy Chocolate Pear Pudding strikes the perfect balance between flavor and nutritional value. Treat yourself to this delicious treat and benefit from the beneficial ingredients at the same time.