Treat yourself to the sensational flavor combination of spicy zucchini with saffron risotto. This recipe is incredibly easy to make yet guarantees complete satisfaction with every bite. The kick of spices paired with the delicate saffron notes in the risotto creates a symphony of flavors that is sure to impress your friends. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just treating yourself to a delicious meal, this dish is a guaranteed winner. Don’t miss this simple but impressive recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g small zucchini, halved lengthways
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500 g plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red chili pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 250g pack of saffron flavored risotto rice
- 600 ml boiling water
- fresh basil leaves and vegetarian parmesan cheese shavings for garnish
- Arborio rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the zucchini and fry for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Sprinkle with paprika, drain and then place in a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan.
- Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chili, sugar and spices.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the zucchini.
- Place in the oven on a low rack.
- Place the risotto rice with boiling water in a baking dish.
- Season the rice and cover.
- Cook in the oven over the zucchini for 20 minutes until the rice and zucchini are soft.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Divide the rice onto preheated plates.
- Top with the zucchini mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and cheese.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- Big pot
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
This recipe contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days.
To reheat, place leftovers in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat them on the stove by placing them in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
Health Benefits of Spicy Zucchini with Saffron Risotto
This delicious Spicy Zucchini with Saffron Risotto recipe offers not only a tempting flavor combination but also several health benefits. The use of fresh ingredients and essential spices in this dish makes it a nutritious option for anyone who wants to enjoy a tasty meal while maintaining a balanced diet.
1. Zucchini – a nutritional powerhouse
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, are the star of this dish. This small green vegetable is a great source of vitamins and minerals. A serving of zucchini provides a significant amount of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and promotes collagen formation for healthier skin. They are also rich in fiber, support digestion and promote a healthy intestine.
2. Antioxidant-rich ingredients
Another health benefit of this recipe is the use of antioxidant-rich ingredients like garlic, tomatoes, and red chili. Garlic contains compounds that have been linked to various health benefits, including reducing inflammation and improving heart health. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant known to reduce the risk of certain cancers. Red chili, on the other hand, contains capsaicin, which can boost metabolism and help you lose weight.
3. Saffron flavored risotto rice
The saffron-flavored risotto rice used in this recipe not only adds a vibrant color and unique flavor to the dish, but also offers potential health benefits. Saffron is traditionally used for medicinal purposes and is known for its antioxidant properties. It can help improve mood, reduce PMS symptoms, and relieve depression symptoms.
4. Heart-healthy olive oil
Using olive oil in this recipe provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Additionally, studies have shown that olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties and may protect against certain chronic diseases.
5. Basil for extra freshness
The recipe recommends garnishing with fresh basil leaves, which not only provides a boost of freshness but also has additional health benefits. Basil contains essential oils that are said to have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is also a rich source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health and blood clotting.
In summary, spicy zucchini risotto with saffron will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits. From the nutrient-rich zucchini to the antioxidant properties of garlic and tomatoes, this dish combines flavors that are not only delicious but also promote your overall well-being.