Treat yourself to the bold flavors of our Spicy Tomato Spaghetti for a quick and nutritious weeknight dinner. This delicious tomato sauce has a delicious spice that brings the dish to a new level of deliciousness. Although it offers a satisfying spiciness, it remains milder than the intense, fiery nature of Arrabiata sauce, making it perfect for anyone who wants a touch of spice without overwhelming their taste buds. Combined with perfectly prepared pasta, this recipe creates a harmonious balance of flavors that will leave you wanting more. Try it today!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chili pepper or a large pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomato passata
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g spaghetti
- 15 g Parmesan, finely grated, for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a flat pan
- Sizzle the garlic and dried chili peppers, if using, over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle in the sugar
- Squirt in the vinegar
- Add the tomatoes
- Add the oregano
- With salt
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened
- Will keep refrigerated for up to two days or frozen for three months
- First let it cool completely
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions
- Drain and return to the pot
- Pour the sauce over it
- Remove all of the chili pepper
- Mix everything together over low heat for a minute or two
- Turn off the heating
- Stir in the remaining olive oil
- Mix in the Parmesan, if using
Equipment and tools
To make this Spicy Tomato Spaghetti recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A medium sized pot
- A large skillet or skillet
- A wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- A garlic press or knife for cutting garlic cloves
- A grater to finely grate the Parmesan
- A stove or hob for cooking
- A serving plate or bowl
This Spicy Tomato Spaghetti recipe contains the following potential allergens:
- Gluten: Spaghetti is made from wheat, which contains gluten.
- Dairy products: Parmesan cheese, which is made from cow’s milk, is used as a side dish.
Please note that this recipe can be adjusted to accommodate special dietary needs or allergies. You can use gluten-free spaghetti and omit the parmesan cheese if desired.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this spicy tomato spaghetti, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, you may need to add a splash of water or additional tomato sauce to prevent the spaghetti from drying out. Make sure leftovers are heated thoroughly before serving.
Please note that the consistency of the spaghetti may change slightly when reheated, but it will still taste delicious.
Health Benefits of Spicy Tomato Spaghetti
Health Benefits of Spicy Tomato Spaghetti
Spicy Tomato Spaghetti not only satisfies your taste buds with its rich flavor but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and their potential benefits:
Olive oil, a key ingredient in this recipe, is a heart-healthy fat that provides good monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. It has been linked to a reduction in the risk of heart disease and inflammation.
Garlic not only adds wonderful flavor to the dish but also offers a number of health benefits. It contains compounds with potential antioxidant and antibiotic properties that can strengthen the immune system and fight certain infections.
Chili or red chili flakes
Adding dried red chilies or red chili flakes to spaghetti can add a spicy kick and potentially provide several health benefits. Capsaicin, the active ingredient in chili peppers, has been studied for its potential to boost metabolism, promote weight loss, and reduce inflammation.
The small amount of powdered sugar used in this recipe helps balance the acidity of the tomatoes and enhances the flavor. However, it is important to consume sugar in moderation for a healthy diet.
Red wine vinegar
Red wine vinegar adds a flavorful touch and may provide some health benefits. It is derived from red wine and contains antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties and may contribute to heart health.
The main ingredient in this recipe, tomatoes, is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A and lycopene, whose potential role in preventing certain diseases, including some types of cancer, has been studied.
Dried oregano not only adds a delicious flavor but also offers several health benefits. It contains powerful antioxidants that can help protect against oxidative damage in the body and contribute to overall well-being.
A pinch of finely grated Parmesan cheese on top gives the dish a piquant note. Although cheese is a source of protein and calcium, it should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat and sodium content.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, Spicy Tomato Spaghetti not only delights your taste buds but also provides a range of beneficial nutrients. Remember to enjoy it as part of a balanced and varied diet to reap all the benefits.