Introducing our delicious recipe for spicy salmon and lentils! Not only is this dish incredibly easy to prepare, it will also tantalize your taste buds with its explosion of flavors. The tender, perfectly cooked salmon pairs perfectly with the hearty lentils for a filling and nutritious meal. Enriched with aromatic spices, every bite ensures a delicious and delicious experience. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe guarantees a simple yet irresistibly delicious dish that will impress everyone. Try it and elevate your dining experience today!
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 410g canned green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 salmon fillets, about 175 g each
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Heat a large, shallow skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the curry paste and fry, stirring constantly, until sizzling and aromatic.
- Add the lentils with about a quarter can of water and season.
- Heat until simmering, then place the salmon on top, skin side up.
- Cover and let the salmon cook for 6-8 minutes, until it feels firm when poked.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the dressing.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice and season well.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove it from the pan along with a slice of fish and set aside.
- Increase the heat, stir in the spinach and a third of the dressing, and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- Divide the lentils and spinach between two plates and place the salmon on top.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and serve.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- Large pan
- Mixing spoon
- baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- grater (optional)
This Spicy Salmon and Lentils recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Fish (salmon)
Please be sure to check the brand of curry paste used for additional allergen information.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this spicy salmon and lentil dish, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place in the microwave or heat in a pan until heated through. Please discard any leftovers that have been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Health Benefits of Spicy Salmon and Lentils
When it comes to nourishing your body with healthy ingredients, the spicy salmon and lentils recipe is a must. Packed with essential nutrients, this dish offers a range of health benefits that contribute to overall well-being. Let’s dive into the nutritional benefits of this delicious combination.
1. Rich in protein
Both salmon and lentils are excellent sources of protein, making this recipe a great option for anyone looking to increase their protein intake. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and maintaining healthy hair and skin.
2. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
Salmon is known for its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA and DHA. These healthy fats have been linked to numerous health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, supporting heart health, and boosting brain function.
3. Provides essential vitamins and minerals
The addition of green lentils and spinach makes this recipe a powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals. Lentils are an excellent source of folate, iron and magnesium, while spinach is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as calcium and potassium.
4. Supports digestive health
Lentils are a great source of fiber, which plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fiber helps regulate bowel movements, prevents constipation and supports the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.
5. Increases antioxidant absorption
The curry paste used in this recipe is usually made with various aromatic spices such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander. These spices are known for their antioxidant properties, which help protect the body from harmful free radicals and oxidative stress.
6. Supports weight management
Thanks to its high protein and fiber content, this dish can help control weight. Protein helps increase satiety, reduce hunger and prevent overeating, while fiber adds bulk to the meal and ensures a longer-lasting feeling of fullness.