This delicious, Greek-inspired canapé of grilled meat and sweet dip can be quickly whipped up for a party platter. The juicy seasoned lamb skewers are flavored with aromatic herbs and spices and provide a hint of Mediterranean flavors in every bite. Paired with the refreshing pomegranate tzatziki, the tangy yogurt perfectly balances the richness of the lamb. The bright colors of the pomegranate seeds and the creamy dip make this dish visually appealing, while the combination of textures enhances the overall experience. These delicious skewers are sure to impress your guests and become the star of any gathering.
- 300g lamb, diced
- ½ teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, garam masala and cinnamon
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- small handful of mint, chopped
- finger-length piece of cucumber, diced
- a little darling
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Mix the lamb with cumin, coriander, garam masala and cinnamon.
- For the tzatziki, mix Greek yogurt, shallot, garlic, mint, cucumber and honey.
- Sprinkle the tzatziki with pomegranate seeds.
- Cook the lamb under the hot grill for 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Thread each piece of lamb onto a cocktail stick.
- Serve the seasoned lamb skewers with the tzatziki.
Equipment and tools
- Grill or grill
- cutting board
- Whisk or fork
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Greek yogurt)
- Tree nuts (pomegranate seeds)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply grill or microwave until heated through. Enjoy within the recommended storage time for optimal flavor and freshness.
Health Benefits of Spiced Lamb Skewers with Pomegranate Tzatziki
Lamb is a delicious and nutrient-dense meat that offers several health benefits. Combined with aromatic spices and a refreshing pomegranate tzatziki sauce, it becomes a truly filling and nutritionally balanced dish. This article highlights the health benefits of the main ingredients of “Spiced Lamb Skewers with Pomegranate Tzatziki.”
1. High-quality protein: Lamb is a rich source of high-quality protein, which is essential for the growth, repair and maintenance of various body tissues, including muscles, skin and organs.
2. Rich in iron: Lamb meat is rich in iron, a mineral important for the production of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen throughout the body. Eating lamb meat can help prevent anemia and improve energy levels.
3. Vitamin B12: This meat is an excellent natural source of vitamin B12, which plays a crucial role in nerve function, DNA synthesis and red blood cell production.
4. Zinc: Lamb meat is rich in zinc, an essential mineral that supports immune function, DNA synthesis and wound healing. Zinc also helps maintain healthy skin.
1. Cumin: Cumin is not only a popular spice due to its rich flavor, but it also offers potential health benefits. It can aid digestion, improve blood sugar control, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Coriander: Known for its unique aroma, coriander is rich in antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation. It may also have antimicrobial and cholesterol-lowering effects.
3. Garam Masala: This spice blend typically contains various spices such as black pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. These spices are known for their antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory effects, and potential blood sugar control benefits.
4. Cinnamon: Cinnamon not only adds warmth and depth to the dish, but also offers potential health benefits. It may help regulate blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Rich in Antioxidants: Pomegranate seeds are packed with antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals that can cause oxidative damage and contribute to chronic diseases.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties: The antioxidants found in pomegranate seeds, such as punicalagins, have shown anti-inflammatory effects in the body, which may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
3. Nutrient-rich: Pomegranate seeds are a good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium. These nutrients support immune function, bone health and overall well-being.
1. Greek Yogurt: The base of tzatziki sauce, Greek yogurt, is rich in protein and calcium, which are essential for muscle function and bone health.
2. Garlic: In addition to adding flavor, garlic offers potential health benefits, including immune-boosting properties and potential cardiovascular benefits.
3. Cucumber: Cucumbers are moisturizing and contain vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall hydration, skin health and hydration.
4. Mint: Mint adds a refreshing flavor to the sauce and is traditionally used for its digestive and soothing properties.