This Lemon and Olive Spaghetti recipe is the epitome of a quick and easy summer pasta dish, perfect for those warm days when you’re craving a refreshing yet filling meal.
The delicate balance of tangy lemon and salty olives gives every bite a burst of bright flavors. The al dente spaghetti serves as the perfect canvas, soaking up the savory juices while providing a satisfying texture.
With minimal ingredients and effortless preparation, you can whip up this delicious dish in no time. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just craving a light and tasty meal, this recipe is sure to impress and satisfy your taste buds.
- 500g bag of fresh or dried spaghetti
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- 5 fat cloves of garlic, peeled
- good pinch of dried chili flakes
- 2 lemons
- a handful of parsley
- 100g pitted green olives, chopped as desired
- 5 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan (or a vegetarian alternative) and a little more for serving
- For the pasta, bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, put the oil and nuts in a small pan and heat over low heat.
- Crush the garlic in the pan and sprinkle the chili over it.
- Continue heating the nuts until lightly toasted. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Finely grate the peel from both lemons.
- Halve a lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- As soon as the pasta water boils, add plenty of salt and the spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour the garlic oil over it and mix well with the lemon zest and juice, parsley, olives, Parmesan and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add more lemon juice to taste – it should be fresh but not too lemony.
- Serve with additional Parmesan.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Pot for cooking spaghetti
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Spatula or wooden spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative)
Please ensure that all ingredients used are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, you may need to add a little extra olive oil to prevent the pasta from drying out. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
The health benefits of spaghetti with lemon and olives
Spaghetti with lemon and olives is not only a delicious and filling dish, but also offers numerous health benefits. This recipe combines the goodness of fresh ingredients such as spaghetti, olive oil, garlic, lemon, parsley and olives, making it the perfect choice for anyone who puts their wellbeing first.
1. Nutritious spaghetti
Whether you choose fresh or dried spaghetti, this pasta provides a good amount of carbohydrates, providing a quick and sustainable source of energy. It also contains essential minerals such as iron, magnesium and selenium, which are important for the proper functioning of the body.
2. Olive oil – the heart-healthy fat
This recipe contains olive oil, a heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. Regular consumption of olive oil is associated with a lower risk of heart disease because it increases “good” cholesterol levels and lowers “bad” cholesterol levels. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from harmful free radicals.
3. Nutty pine nuts
Not only do pine nuts add a nice crunch to the dish, but they also provide several health benefits. They are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and contain nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium and zinc. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant, while magnesium and zinc help maintain healthy body functions.
4. Garlic – The immune booster
Garlic is known not only for its distinctive taste, but also for its potential health benefits. It is a natural immune booster that can help reduce the severity of cold and flu symptoms. Garlic also has antimicrobial properties and can help prevent certain infections.
5. The lemon peel
Lemon zest adds a refreshing citrus flavor to the dish but also offers health benefits. Lemon peel contains large amounts of vitamin C, which plays an important role in supporting the immune system, collagen production and iron absorption. In addition, it provides a good amount of fiber, contributing to a healthy digestive system.
6. Parsley – a nutritional powerhouse
Parsley is more than just a garnish; it is a nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as minerals such as iron and potassium. Parsley also contains powerful antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation in the body and support overall wellness.
7. Olives – a Mediterranean delight
The addition of pitted green olives not only enhances the flavor but also brings health benefits to the dish. Olives are high in monounsaturated fats, which are linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. They are also a good source of vitamin E and contain antioxidants that contribute to skin health and overall cell protection.
8. Fresh Parmesan – a calcium-rich option
Freshly grated Parmesan gives the spaghetti a creamy touch. Parmesan is characterized by its high calcium content, which ensures strong bones and teeth. It is also a good source of protein and essential vitamins such as riboflavin, which supports energy production.
With this combination of healthy ingredients and their respective health benefits, spaghetti with lemon and olives is a delicious and nutritious choice for a delicious meal. Try this recipe today and indulge in its goodness!