Treat yourself to the exquisite flavors of our Soufflé Omelet with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers. This delicious dish offers a perfect balance of texture and flavor, with tender artichoke hearts complemented by the smoky sweetness of roasted red peppers. Every bite is a burst of culinary excellence, as the omelette’s fluffy, soufflé-like texture makes for a truly delicious experience.
Enhance your meal by serving this delightful omelette alongside a refreshing arugula and baby leaf salad, drizzled with a tangy balsamic dressing. The peppery notes of arugula and the delicate crunch of baby leaves harmonize perfectly with the flavors of the omelet, making this combination a true feast for the senses. Let yourself be inspired by this extraordinary culinary creation!
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered if whole
- 1 whole roasted pepper from a jar or can, drained, patted dry and roughly chopped
- 50g vegetarian parmesan cheese
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- In a large bowl, lightly mix the 5 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff.
- Add the beaten egg whites to the egg yolks and stir everything in carefully so that it remains light and airy.
- Fold in artichokes, roasted red peppers, half the cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and oil to the frying pan. Wait for the butter to melt.
- Spread the omelette mixture evenly in the frying pan.
- Cook until bottom is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the omelet.
- Place the skillet under the grill and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a board or serving plate.
- Cut the omelet into wedges and serve.
Equipment and tools
To make this Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Soufflé Omelet, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- Non-stick frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Parmesan-style cheese)
Please note that this recipe may also contain other allergens not listed. For more information, check the labels of the products you use.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover artichoke and roasted red pepper soufflé omelet, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place the omelette in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Artichoke and Roasted Pepper Soufflé Omelet
The combination of artichokes and roasted red peppers in this soufflé omelet not only creates a flavorful dish, but also offers a number of health benefits. From providing essential nutrients to promoting heart health, here are some reasons why you should add this delicious recipe to your diet.
1. Rich in protein
Eggs are the main ingredient in this omelette and provide a significant amount of protein. Protein is essential for various body functions, including cell regeneration, muscle building and maintaining a healthy immune system. Eating a protein-rich meal like this omelette can help you feel fuller for longer and keep your energy levels stable throughout the day.
2. Rich in antioxidants
Artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers are excellent sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that protect your body from oxidative stress and cell damage caused by free radicals. They can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. Including such antioxidant-rich ingredients in your diet can contribute to your overall health and well-being.
3. Heart-healthy ingredients
The vegetarian parmesan cheese used in this recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional parmesan cheese. It is lower in saturated fat and cholesterol, which are known to contribute to heart disease. Additionally, both artichokes and roasted red peppers have been shown to have heart-protecting properties. Artichokes contain compounds that may help lower cholesterol, while the antioxidants found in roasted red peppers may reduce inflammation and improve cardiovascular health.
4. Nutrient rich
This soufflé omelet also contains basil leaves, which add flavor and provide additional health benefits. Basil is packed with essential nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese and antioxidants. Vitamin K is necessary for bone health and blood clotting, while vitamin A supports healthy vision and a strong immune system. Manganese is important for metabolism and antioxidants help fight off harmful free radicals in the body.
5. Cook with healthy fats
Using extra virgin canola or olive oil in this recipe adds healthy fats to the dish. These fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that have been linked to numerous health benefits, including improved heart health and reduced risk of chronic disease. Moderate consumption of healthy fats is important for a balanced diet.
Overall, this Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Soufflé Omelette is not only a delicious and filling dish, but also a nutritious addition to your food repertoire. From proteins to antioxidants to heart-healthy ingredients, this recipe offers a range of health benefits that can contribute to a balanced diet.