Do you want to impress your guests with a delicious and easy appetizer? Our smoked salmon, dill and lemon pie recipe is perfect for you! In just five minutes you can prepare a creamy and aromatic dish that is perfect as a dip or appetizer. The combination of smoked salmon, aromatic dill and refreshing lemon creates a harmonious blend of flavors that leaves you wanting more. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want a quick snack, this recipe is a must-try. Get ready for this irresistible seafood treat!
- 150 g smoked salmon, side dishes are fine
- 200g can of soft cheese
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche, only if available
- Squeeze half a lemon
- small bunch of dill or chives, chopped
- Grissini or grain toast to serve
- If you are not using leftover smoked salmon, cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Place the soft cheese, crème fraîche (if using) and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Season the mixture generously with black pepper.
- Pulse the mixture in the food processor until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the smoked salmon to the mixture.
- If you want the pate chunky, stir it a few times, or chop it again if you want it smooth and pink.
- Stir the herbs into the pate.
- Place the pate in a large bowl or four smaller bowls.
- Serve with warm toast as a starter or with breadsticks as a dip.
Equipment and tools
- Food processor or blender
- cutting board
- spatula or spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Milk (soft cheese and crème fraîche)
- Gluten (grissini or grain toast)
Before consuming, please ensure that you or your guests do not have any allergies or dietary restrictions to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover smoked salmon dill lemon pie, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To preserve its freshness, it is best consumed within 2-3 days.
You can enjoy the pie with breadsticks or grain toast as a snack or appetizer. Simply spread it on the breadsticks or toast and enjoy the delicious flavors.
Health Benefits of Smoked Salmon, Dill and Lemon Pate
The combination of smoked salmon, dill, and lemon in this pate not only creates a delicious flavor profile, but also provides several health benefits. This article explores the nutritional value and potential benefits of including this dish in your diet.
1. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
Smoked salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These essential fats play a crucial role in promoting heart health, reducing inflammation, and supporting brain function.
2. Rich in protein
Salmon is a great source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for tissue repair, growth and maintenance. Including smoked salmon pate in your diet will help you meet your protein needs while enjoying a tasty meal.
3. Vitamin D boost
Smoked salmon is a natural source of vitamin D, an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in bone health, immune function and overall well-being. Vitamin D is particularly important for people who have little exposure to the sun.
4. Immune system support
Both dill and lemon contain powerful antioxidants such as vitamin C, which help strengthen the immune system. Eating foods rich in antioxidants can help protect the body from harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
5. Calcium and probiotics
The soft cheese and crème fraîche in this pate provide a good amount of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Additionally, if the pâté contains crème fraîche from live cultures, it may also contain beneficial probiotics that support gut health.
6. Benefits of Herbs
The addition of fresh dill or chives not only gives the pate a special taste, but also offers corresponding health benefits. Dill contains compounds that can aid digestion and promote a healthy appetite, while chives are rich in vitamins A and K, which contribute to various aspects of health, including vision and blood clotting.
Next time you indulge in smoked salmon, dill and lemon pâté, think about the health benefits it brings to your table. The combination of omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants make this dish a nutritious addition to your diet.
Serve the pate alongside breadsticks or grain toast for a delicious and satisfying dining experience.