Discover a delicious culinary creation with our Smoked Mackerel Loaded Leaves recipe! These healthy canapés are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a casual gathering or an elegant soirée. The subtle smokiness of mackerel paste, which can be conveniently stored in the fridge for up to a week, ensures a rich and delicious taste. This versatile paste is not only suitable for canapés, but is also ideal as a topping for jacket potatoes or as a delicious spread on toasted bread. Treat your taste buds and impress your guests with this irresistible, easy-to-prepare treat!
- 200 g smoked mackerel fillets, without skin and in flakes
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- small handful of dill, chopped
- 1 small radicchio, cut into leaves
- 1-2 chicory heads, cut into leaves
- Gently mix the mackerel flakes with the crème fraîche, lemon juice, half of the herbs and a little pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture until serving.
- Place a generous amount of the mixture into each leaf.
- Arrange the stuffed leaves on plates.
- Sprinkle each leaf with the remaining fresh herbs and a pinch of lemon peel.
- Serve and enjoy!
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Smoked mackerel fillets
- crème fraîche
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Health Benefits of Smoked Mackerel Loaded Leaves
Leaves loaded with smoked mackerel add a delicious and healthy twist to your usual salad. Packed with nutrients and flavors, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking to incorporate more seafood and vegetables into their diet. Here are some of the health benefits you can expect:
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Smoked mackerel is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain function, heart health and reducing inflammation in the body.
- Rich in Protein: Mackerel is a protein-rich fish and is therefore a great addition to a balanced diet. Protein plays an important role in repairing and building tissue, supporting muscle growth and providing a feeling of satiety.
- Abundance of antioxidants: The combination of chives, dill, and chicory leaves in this recipe provides a variety of antioxidants that help protect your cells from free radical damage.
- Immune-boosting properties: The vitamin C in lemon juice and zest, along with the antioxidants in chicory leaves, can help support your immune system and keep you healthy.
- Source of fiber: Radicchio and chicory leaves are rich in fiber, which aids in digestion and can contribute to healthy gut health.
By incorporating smoked mackerel leaves into your diet, you will not only enjoy a tasty meal but also benefit from the numerous health benefits it offers. So why not try this recipe and discover a new way to enjoy the goodness of seafood and leafy greens?