Introducing our delicious Little Rose & Almond Cupcakes recipe, a treat that is as stunning as it is effortless. With their adorable appearance, these cupcakes are sure to captivate your guests. They’re impressively easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
But there is more! By creatively attaching paper flags to these cupcakes, they become personalized place names or adorable wedding party gifts. These cupcakes are the ideal choice to add an elegant touch to your special day and will leave a lasting impression on your guests. Immerse yourself in the heavenly taste of roses and almonds with every bite and create unforgettable memories with these delightful treats!
- 140g self-raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 175g powdered sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 100g natural yogurt
- 175g melted butter
- 100g powdered sugar, plus a little sugar for dusting and sticking the syrup
- 350g finished roll casting
- 175g marzipan
- green, yellow and pink food colors
Don’t forget to buy muffin cups,
6cm and 7cm round cookie cutters
and small food bags.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake or muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, almonds, baking powder and sugar.
- Beat the almond extract and eggs into the yogurt and add this mixture to the dry ingredients along with the butter. Stir until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake cases and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack. They can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Roll out the marzipan on a surface dusted with icing sugar until it is about the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Use a round cookie cutter (6 cm) to cut out 12 circles from the marzipan. Roll the dough again and punch out more circles if necessary.
- Make a syrupy glaze by mixing powdered sugar with a cup of water. Brush the backs of the marzipan circles with the syrup and stick them onto the cupcakes.
- Knead a little yellow food coloring into a quarter of the finished icing, a little pink into another quarter and a little green into another quarter.
- Repeat step 2 using a 7cm cutter to cut 4 circles each from the pink, yellow and white icing. Stick these circles onto the cupcakes with the syrupy icing.
- Mix enough water with 100 g of powdered sugar to create a stiff icing. Divide the icing into three portions – one white and the others pink and yellow.
- Place each portion of frosting in a small food bag, seal the bags and cut a small tip off one corner of each bag.
- Pipe the icing in a spiral pattern onto the cupcakes, mixing the colors together.
kcal fat saturates carbohydrates Sugar fiber protein Salt 488 22g 9g 72g 63g 1g 6g 0.46g
Equipment and tools
- 6cm and 7cm round cookie cutters
- Small food bags
- Muffin tins
Note: This recipe contains almonds and dairy products.
Storage and leftovers
Store the cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you have leftovers, you can freeze them for up to a month. Thaw the frozen cupcakes in the refrigerator before serving.
Health Benefits of Little Rose & Almond Cupcakes
Small rose almond cupcakes are not only delicious and visually appealing, but also offer several health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, these cupcakes can be enjoyed guilt-free. Here are some important health benefits:
1. Good source of protein
The ground almonds used in these cupcakes provide a good amount of protein. Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a healthy immune system.
2. Healthy fats from almonds
Almonds are rich in healthy fats, especially monounsaturated fats, which are known for their heart-healthy effects. These fats, when consumed in moderation, can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
3. Nutrient rich
In addition to protein and healthy fats, Little Rose & Almond Cupcakes also contain self-raising flour, eggs and natural yogurt that contribute to their nutritional profile. These ingredients provide important vitamins, minerals and fiber necessary for overall well-being.
4. Rich in antioxidants
The almond extract used in the cupcakes ensures a delicious taste and provides a dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight oxidative stress, reduce inflammation and protect the body from harmful free radicals.
5. Low sodium
The recipe uses minimal amounts of baking powder and powdered sugar to ensure the cupcakes are low in sodium. High sodium intake is linked to increased blood pressure, but with these cupcakes you can indulge without worrying about sodium levels.
6. Natural sweeteners
Using plain yogurt and a small amount of powdered sugar as a sweetener adds a touch of sweetness without relying solely on refined sugar. Natural sweeteners are generally considered healthier alternatives and can help regulate blood sugar levels compared to their processed counterparts.
7. No trans fats
Using melted butter instead of hydrogenated oils or margarine keeps the cupcakes free of harmful trans fats. Trans fats have been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and should be avoided as much as possible.
8. Visual appeal with natural food colors
The visually impressive little rose and almond cupcakes can be achieved by using natural food colors. By choosing natural food colors made from fruits and vegetables, you can avoid artificial additives and synthetic colors that can have negative health effects.
Enjoy these delicious little rose almond cupcakes knowing that they not only taste heavenly but also offer numerous health benefits.