Not everyone likes a traditional Christmas pudding, and these smaller ones are much lighter than their larger, traditional counterpart.
These delicious little frozen Christmas puddings are perfect for anyone who prefers a lighter dessert this holiday season. Made from a combination of rich and fruity ingredients, they offer a delicious alternative to the heavier traditional pudding.
These single-sized treats are beautifully crafted and have a moist and fluffy texture that is sure to impress your guests. Covered in a delicate glaze, each mini pudding is a delicious, bite-sized treat.
Whether as an after-dinner treat or as part of a festive afternoon tea, these little iced Christmas puddings make a delicious addition to any holiday sandwich. Give it a try and add some lightness and joy to your Christmas celebrations!
- 1 clementine
- 5 tbsp golden rum
- 140g golden powdered sugar
- 85g mixture of dried cranberries and raisins
- 25g chopped mixed peel
- 2 x 150g cartons of light Greek yogurt
- 142 ml carton of double cream
- 50g white chocolate, broken into pieces
Make it for children
Simply use orange juice instead of rum.
- Line 4 small pudding-shaped molds (200ml capacity) with cling film and smooth them so they fit well, leaving an overhang around the edge.
- Finely grate the peel from the clementine and set aside.
- Squeeze out 3 tablespoons of juice and put it in a pot with the rum and sugar.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and raisins and simmer for 2 minutes (no more, otherwise it will be too thick) so that the fruit plumps up.
- Pour into a bowl, stir in the mixed peel and the clementine peel and let cool (approx. 1½ hours, or leave overnight).
- In a medium bowl, stir the yogurt with a spoon until smooth.
- Whip the cream until soft and then fold it into the yoghurt.
- Measure out 4 tablespoons of the fruit and syrup and store in a rigid freezer container (freeze for up to a month).
- Stir the rest into the yogurt mixture.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the pudding molds.
- Place the excess plastic wrap over the pudding and then cover with foil.
- Freeze for up to a month.
- For the chocolate stars, line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a pencil, draw four star shapes on the paper (you don’t need to be too precise) and then turn the paper over.
- Melt the white chocolate and use a teaspoon to drizzle four stars over the pencil outlines.
- Allow to harden.
- Freeze the chocolate stars in a sturdy freezer container sandwiched between baking paper.
- When ready to use, thaw the extra fruit and syrup at room temperature and refrigerate the puddings for 1 hour.
- Divide the pudding onto plates and peel off the topping.
- Serve with a spoonful of sauce and place a chocolate star on top of each (the stars can be used straight from the freezer).
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- Small pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Ice cream scoop or tablespoon
- Pudding mold or ramekins
- Serving plate
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (found in some brands of Greek yogurt)
- Milk (found in double cream and white chocolate)
If you or anyone you serve this dessert to has allergies or dietary restrictions, please be sure to check the labels of all ingredients used.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from these mini frozen Christmas puddings, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve, simply remove them from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
Health Benefits of Little Iced Christmas Puds
The Little Iced Christmas Puds recipe not only brings joy and cheer to your festivities but also offers several health benefits. From aiding digestion to immune-boosting properties, this delicious treat packs a nutritional punch. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of its ingredients:
Clementines, like other citrus fruits, are an excellent source of vitamin C. This essential nutrient supports immune function, helps protect against oxidative stress, and promotes collagen production for healthy skin. Clementines are also rich in fiber and aid digestion.
Golden rum (or orange juice for children)
The recipe uses golden rum to give it a unique flavor, but for kids you can easily replace it with orange juice. Orange juice is a good source of vitamin C and other antioxidants that have positive effects on overall health.
Dried cranberries and raisins
Both dried cranberries and raisins offer various health benefits. They are packed with antioxidants that help protect cells from free radical damage. In addition, they contain fiber, vitamins and minerals that support digestion and provide energy.
Mixed citrus peels give the Christmas puddings a special flavor. Citrus peels contain bioactive compounds such as flavonoids and limonoids, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These compounds contribute to improved heart health and may help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
Light Greek yogurt
The addition of light Greek yogurt gives the recipe a creamy and tangy touch. Greek yogurt is a fantastic source of protein and calcium, essential for building strong bones and muscles. It also contains probiotics that support gut health and aid digestion.
The small amount of double cream used in this recipe adds extra indulgence. Although it has a higher fat content, it can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Cream is a source of vitamins A and D, both of which are important for healthy skin, vision and immune function.
White chocolate can be a delicious treat when consumed in moderation. Although it contains less cocoa solids compared to dark chocolate, it still provides a small amount of antioxidants. However, it is important to note that white chocolate has higher sugar and fat content.
By incorporating these ingredients into the Little Iced Christmas Puds recipe, you will not only satisfy your taste buds, but also provide your body with a range of beneficial nutrients. Remember to enjoy this dessert in moderation and enjoy the cheerful spirit of the holidays!