A shared steak platter is a nice way to enjoy a delicious meal for two. This recipe for sirloin with seasoned butter, shallot salad, roasted carrots, and mash takes it to the next level. Tender and juicy sirloin steak, cooked to perfection, paired with a deliciously seasoned butter that provides a special taste. Served with a refreshing shallot salad, roasted carrots with caramelized glaze and creamy, velvety mashed potatoes. It is a delicious combination that will tantalize your taste buds and create an unforgettable dining experience.
- 140g baby carrots, washed
- 50g butter
- 300-350g/11oz-12oz sirloin steak
- 75g soft butter
- 1 tbsp anchovy (from a sustainable source), chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 75 ml double cream
- Bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- First prepare the spiced butter. Mash the ingredients together with pepper. Form a sausage shape between layers of cling film, seal the ends and refrigerate until firm. You can do this up to 3 days in advance or keep it refrigerated or frozen for 1 month.
- To make the mash, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes until they are soft. Drain and then steam in a colander for a few minutes. Puree with butter and cream, season and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas. 6. Mix the carrots with 25 g butter and spices in a roasting tray. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender. Heat the rest of the butter in an ovenproof pan and fry the sirloin for 2 minutes on each side. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes (medium-rare) and 15 minutes (done through). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For the salad, mix parsley and shallots with oil, vinegar, mustard and spices. Slice the steak and serve with the puree, carrots and lettuce and two slices of seasoned butter on top.
Equipment and tools
- frying pan
- Potato masher
- Serving plate
This recipe contains dairy (butter and cream) and anchovies. Please note if you have milk or fish allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days. To reheat, place in preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Sirloin with Seasoned Butter, Shallot Salad, Roasted Carrots and Mash
Sirloin with seasoned butter, shallot salad, roasted carrots and puree is not only a delicious and filling dish, but also offers various health benefits thanks to its nutritious ingredients.
1. Sirloin steak
The main ingredient in this dish, sirloin steak, is a lean cut of beef that provides high-quality protein. Protein is essential for repairing and building tissue, promoting muscle growth, and supporting a healthy immune system.
2. Baby carrots
The baby carrots used in this recipe are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A by the body. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy vision, supporting the immune system, and promoting cell growth and development.
The moderate amount of butter used in this recipe adds flavor and richness to the dish. Although butter should be consumed in moderation, it contains essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, E and K.
4. Anchovies and capers
Both anchovies and capers used in the spiced butter add a unique flavor to the dish. Anchovies are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have positive effects on heart health and can reduce inflammation. Capers provide antioxidants that can help protect the body from free radicals.
Used in both seasoned butter and shallot salad, shallots are part of the onion family and offer similar health benefits to onions. They are rich in antioxidants and contain compounds that may have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
6. Smoked Paprika
Smoked paprika, a seasoning used to season steak, is made from dried and smoked red peppers. It adds a smoky flavor to the dish and also offers antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Potatoes are a good source of complex carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy. They are also rich in fiber, vitamin C and various B vitamins, which play a crucial role in metabolism and immune function.
8. Red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard
These ingredients used in shallot salad dressing may contribute to the dish’s health benefits. Red wine vinegar contains antioxidants and probiotics that support gut health, while Dijon mustard provides trace minerals and can help improve digestion.
Overall, this sirloin dish offers a balance of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and antioxidants, making it not only a delicious meal but also a nutritious choice for anyone who wants to enjoy a flavorful and healthy dining experience.