A moist and irresistibly delicious vanilla cake that will satisfy all taste buds. Each bite is refined with a delicious infusion of vanilla syrup for an extra burst of flavor. This easy-to-make cake serves as the perfect base for creating a range of stunning celebration cakes for any special occasion. Whether you are planning a birthday party, anniversary party or any other celebratory event, this recipe will be your first choice. With its heavenly flavor and versatility, this vanilla cake is guaranteed to delight and delight both bakers and guests.
- 250g pack unsalted butter, softened, plus a little butter for greasing
- 250g golden powdered sugar
- Seeds scraped out of a vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla pulp
- 5 large eggs, cracked into a jug
- 85g flour
- 100 g full Greek yogurt (I used Total)
- 250g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp partially skimmed milk
- 50g golden powdered sugar
- Seeds ½ vanilla pod or ½ tsp vanilla pulp
A good, simple vanilla buttercream
Place 175g softened, unsalted butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixers for a few seconds until pale. Gradually add 300 g of sifted powdered sugar, spoonful at a time. Continue beating until the mixture is pale and creamy. Stir in the pulp of 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla pulp. Enough to cover a 20cm cake. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week. Before use, bring it back to room temperature and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Grease a round, 20 cm high baking tin and line the bottom and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Using electric mixers or a table mixer, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture thoroughly before adding the next one.
- Add 1 tablespoon flour if the mixture looks slimy rather than fluffy.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Mix flour; Then fold into the dough with a large metal spoon, followed by the milk.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown – a skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup by gently heating 50ml water with sugar and vanilla in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Put aside.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, let it cool in the tin for 30 minutes and then use a skewer to poke holes all over the cake, all the way to the bottom.
- Pour the syrup over the top, allowing it to absorb completely after each addition.
- Allow to cool completely, then either wrap the cake tightly or fill and frost it.
- If you wrap it with baking paper and cling film, the unfilled cake will last for up to 3 days, or even up to a month in the freezer.
- For ideas on decorating the cake and trying some variations on this simple cake mix, see the Go-to recipes for the Simple Elegance Wedding Cake, Birthday Bug Cake, and Summer Feast Cake.
Equipment and tools
To make this easy vanilla cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Electric rackets
- A mixing bowl
- A jug
- A 20cm cake tin
- A spatula
- parchment paper
- A wire frame
This easy vanilla cake contains the following allergens:
- Flour (may contain gluten)
- Greek yogurt
Please note that this recipe may also contain traces of nuts or other allergens. Always check your ingredient labels for specific allergen information.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to make the cake in advance, you can store it like this:
1. Allow the cake to cool completely.
2. Once the cake has cooled, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.
3. You can store the cake at room temperature for up to 3 days.
4. For longer storage, you can store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Be sure to cover it so it doesn’t dry out.
5. Before serving, bring the cake back to room temperature and decorate as desired.
Enjoy your delicious, easy vanilla cake!
The Health Benefits of Plain Vanilla Cake
The Easy Vanilla Cake may be a delicious treat, but did you know that it also offers several health benefits? From providing nutrients to supporting gut health, this cake has more to offer than just its delicious taste. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of the Easy Vanilla Cake ingredients:
1. Unsalted butter
Each 250g pack of unsalted butter in the Easy Vanilla Cake recipe provides a good source of healthy fats. While many people believe that all fats are bad for the body, unsalted butter contains essential fatty acids that are crucial for brain function and overall well-being.
2. Golden powdered sugar
The 250g of golden icing sugar used in the recipe gives the cake a touch of sweetness. While excessive sugar consumption can be harmful, using sugar in moderation can provide a quick energy boost. However, it is important to consume sugar in moderation for a healthy diet.
The recipe for the Easy Vanilla Cake calls for either vanilla bean seeds or vanilla paste. Vanilla isn’t just used for flavoring; It also offers antioxidant properties and can help reduce inflammation in the body. Additionally, vanilla can provide a sweet taste without the need for excessive amounts of sugar.
This recipe uses five large eggs, which are an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, which is why eggs are a nutritious addition to Easy Vanilla Cake. Additionally, eggs contain several vitamins and minerals that support overall health.
5. Plain flour and self-raising flour
The combination of 85g pure flour and 250g self-raising flour in the recipe provides a good source of complex carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy, providing fuel for daily activities and keeping you energized throughout the day.
6. Greek yogurt
The addition of 100g of full-fat Greek yogurt gives the Easy Vanilla Cake a creamy texture. In addition to being delicious, Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, probiotics, and calcium. Probiotics support a healthy gut, which plays an important role in overall digestion and immune function.
7. Partially skimmed milk
With three tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk, this recipe provides another source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D, which promote strong bones and teeth.
8. Vanilla buttercream
The Easy Vanilla Cake can be combined with a simple vanilla buttercream. This creamy frosting is made with soft, unsalted butter and powdered sugar. Although it’s important to consume buttercream in moderation due to its high calorie content, a small amount can add a delicious finish to the cake.
Overall, the Easy Vanilla Cake offers a combination of delicious ingredients that can provide various health benefits. However, as part of a balanced diet, it is important to enjoy this treat in moderation. Now that you know the health benefits of its ingredients, you can treat yourself to a slice of Easy Vanilla Cake guilt-free!