Looking for a quick and delicious vegetarian dinner? Our Easy Pasta Bake is the answer! With minimal effort, you can prepare a delicious meal that the whole family will love. Simply coat your favorite pasta in a rich and flavorful sauce, top with a generous amount of cheese, and pop it in the oven for a deliciously bubbly dish. Whether you are an experienced chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress you. So why wait? Try our Easy Pasta Bake tonight!
- 500 g cup Neapolitan pasta sauce (from the refrigerated section)
- a good handful of fresh basil leaves
- 250g pack of freshly stuffed spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 100 g pack of mozzarella, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- mixed salad leaves for serving
- Assemble the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4/fan 160°C.
- Place the pasta sauce in a large bowl and dilute with 100ml water.
- Scatter basil leaves and tortellini on top.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Stir everything really well.
- Layer everything up.
- Place half of the pasta mixture into two individual gratin dishes (or one larger).
- Tear half of the mozzarella and sprinkle over each dish.
- Add the rest of the pasta and sauce on top, pressing the pasta down a little so that it doesn’t stick too much to the sauce.
- Tear up the remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with the Parmesan and pine nuts.
- Bake and serve.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with a leaf salad.
Equipment and tools
To make this easy pasta casserole recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Oven-safe casserole dish
- cutting board
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
This easy pasta bake recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (mozzarella, parmesan)
- Nuts (pine nuts)
Please be aware of these allergens if you or anyone consuming the dish has dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this easy pasta bake, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, be sure to cover the pan with foil to prevent the top from drying out. Heat in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Note: The texture of the noodles may become softer when reheated, but the taste will still be delicious.
Health Benefits of Easy Pasta Bake
When it comes to home cooking, there’s nothing better than a delicious pasta bake. This Easy Pasta Bake recipe not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. From nutritious ingredients to essential nutrients, let’s explore the health benefits of this delicious dish.
1. Nutritious Neapolitan Pasta Sauce
The Neapolitan pasta sauce used in this recipe is a rich source of essential nutrients. Made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs, this sauce is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Tomatoes are known for their lycopene content, which has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers and heart disease.
2. Fresh basil leaves for added flavor and nutrients
Basil not only adds a flavor explosion to the Easy Pasta Bake, but also offers various health benefits. This herb is an excellent source of vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting and bone health. It also contains antioxidants that help protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
3. Spinach and ricotta tortellini for a powerful meal
The fresh stuffed spinach and ricotta tortellini used in this recipe provide a nutritional boost. Spinach is known for its iron content, which supports red blood cell production and prevents anemia. Ricotta cheese offers a good amount of protein and calcium, which are essential for maintaining strong bones and muscles.
4. Mozzarella for protein and calcium
Mozzarella cheese is not only delicious, but it also contributes to the protein and calcium content of this pasta bake. Protein is essential for various body functions, including building and repairing tissue. Calcium, on the other hand, is crucial for bone health and plays an important role in muscle function.
5. Versatile parmesan and pine nuts
Freshly grated Parmesan and pine nuts give the Easy Pasta Bake a unique taste. Parmesan cheese is a good source of phosphorus, which is necessary for the formation of strong bones and teeth. Pine nuts, on the other hand, provide a range of nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium and healthy fats.
6. As a side dish with mixed salad leaves
Serving your Easy Pasta Bake with a side of mixed lettuce leaves adds a refreshing touch to the meal. Lettuce leaves are low in calories and rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. They contribute to your daily vegetable intake and help promote a healthy digestive system.
Overall, this Easy Pasta Bake recipe combines a variety of nutritious ingredients that provide numerous health benefits. From the vitamins and minerals in the pasta sauce, basil and tortellini to the proteins and calcium in the cheeses, this dish offers a well-rounded and flavorful meal. Treat yourself to this soothing pasta casserole knowing that you are also supplying your body with important nutrients.