Melt-inducing pastries and sweet, tender apples are a match made in heaven. These easy apple tarts are a delicious treat for any occasion. The buttery, flaky crust complements the juicy, caramelized apples for a sensational mix of flavors and textures. Whether enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or on their own, these tarts will delight your taste buds. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation, you can effortlessly whip up these heavenly apple tarts and enjoy the taste of pure bliss. Perfect for beginners and experienced bakers alike!
- flour, for dusting
- 375 g block dessert pastry
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 3 tbsp golden powdered sugar
- 3 eating apples, peeled, cored and halved, then each half thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about the size of this magazine, trimming the edges to neaten them.
- Place the dough on a baking tray and sprinkle with the almonds and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Score perforated lines to create 6 equal sections (this makes the cake easier to cut).
- Arrange each sliced apple half in its own section of dough.
- Can be prepared the night before and chilled in the fridge covered with cling film.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the apples and brush with butter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the dough is a biscuit brown color and the apples are brown in color and soft.
- Cut the tart into 6 squares.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Equipment and tools
- rolling pin
- Flour for dusting
- Sharp knife
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Wire frame
- Sieve (optional)
- Spatula or pastry brush
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Wheat (found in flour and dessert pastries)
- Almonds (found in ground almonds)
- Dairy products (found in butter and optional powdered sugar if used)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them as follows:
- Allow the apple tarts to cool completely.
- Place them in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the tarts on a baking sheet and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Alternatively, you can also freeze the apple tarts to make them last longer:
- Allow the tarts to cool completely.
- Wrap each cake individually tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped tarts in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To defrost, remove the tarts from the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once thawed, you can reheat them as described above.
Note: The consistency of the tarts may change slightly after freezing and thawing.
Health Benefits of Easy Apple Tarts
The delicious and delicious easy apple tarts not only satisfy your dessert cravings but also provide several health benefits. Packed with healthy ingredients, these tarts are a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy any time of day. Let’s explore the health benefits of each ingredient:
Although flour is a staple ingredient in many baked goods, it contains several essential nutrients. It is a good source of carbohydrates that provides energy to the body. Flour also contains traces of proteins, vitamins and minerals such as iron and B vitamins.
The addition of ground almonds not only improves the taste and texture of the apple tarts but also brings health benefits. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, and vitamin E. These nutrients contribute to heart health, help control weight, and support brain function.
Golden powdered sugar
While it’s important to consume added sugar in moderation, a small amount of golden powdered sugar can sweeten the apple tarts without causing significant harm. However, it is worth noting that excessive sugar consumption should be avoided as it has been linked to various health problems. So enjoy the tarts in moderation!
The main ingredient in these tarts are apples. Apples are a rich source of fiber, antioxidants and essential vitamins such as vitamin C. They promote good digestion, support immune function and help maintain overall health.
While butter adds wonderful richness to the tarts, it should be consumed in moderation due to its high saturated fat content. However, small amounts of butter can provide important fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin E, as well as some beneficial fatty acids.
Powdered sugar (optional)
Powdered sugar is usually sprinkled on the cakes as a decorative element. However, it primarily provides sweetness and does not provide any significant health benefits. If you would prefer to reduce your sugar consumption, you can skip the powdered sugar or use a small amount depending on your taste.
Vanilla ice cream
A scoop of vanilla ice cream with the apple tarts adds a delicious touch. Although ice cream is known for its high sugar and fat content, it can also be enjoyed in moderation as an occasional treat. Opting for a lighter or low-sugar option can help reduce overall calorie intake.
So if you’re craving a sweet and healthy dessert, these easy apple tarts are an excellent choice. By using nutrient-dense ingredients and enjoying them in moderation, you can enjoy the flavor while reaping the health benefits!