This stunning Pot Shrimp Tart with Shaved Rainbow Beet Salad is the perfect addition to any summer party. The combination of homemade pastries, fresh and vibrant vegetables and delicious prawns will catch the attention of your guests and make them feel pampered.
The aromatic potted prawns are coated in buttery puff pastry, creating a delightful textural contrast. Paired with the refreshing and visually appealing rainbow beet salad, this dish is a real eye-catcher.
Enjoy the delicious flavors, enjoy the crunch of the rainbow beets, and savor the juicy and succulent shrimp. This recipe is a testament to the beauty and flavor that can be achieved by using quality ingredients and a little creativity.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, a garden party, or just want to impress your friends and family with a culinary masterpiece, this Pot Shrimp Tart with Shaved Rainbow Beet Salad is a must-try recipe. It’s guaranteed to be the highlight of your summer get-together!
- 400g young new potatoes
- 5 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- a good pinch of nutmeg
- 270g cooked and peeled shrimps
- small handful of chervil, dill or parsley, finely chopped
- 250g flour, plus some flour for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus a pinch
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 100g cold butter, chopped into small pieces
- 50 g extra mature cheddar, finely grated
- 4-6 small beets (different colors look good)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- small cress
- To make the dough, mix the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and mustard powder in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Mix in the cheese, then drizzle with cold water and mash the crumbs into a smooth ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film, flatten it into a disk and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, then slice and let cool.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- Preheat the oven and a baking tray to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and line a deep, fluted tart pan (23 cm).
- Cut off the excess dough and line the tin with baking paper and baking beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and parchment and bake another 10 minutes until the cake is crispy.
- Using a small serrated knife, cut the dough flush with the tart pan.
- In a jug, mix eggs, egg yolks, cream, milk, mustard and nutmeg.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, shrimp, herbs and spices.
- Pour the potato mixture into the tart pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper on top and bake for 50-55 minutes until set.
- Let the tart cool to room temperature.
- For the salad, peel the beetroot with gloves and cut into thin slices.
- Mix together the oil, mustard, vinegar and spices, then drizzle over the beets and mix.
- Serve the salad on the cooled cake or as a side dish in a bowl and garnish with cress.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- baking pan
- frying pan
- Vegetable peeler
This recipe contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Before serving, reheat the tart in the oven or microwave. The salad is best enjoyed fresh.
The Health Benefits of Potted Shrimp Tarts with Shaved Rainbow Beet Salad
When it comes to a dish that combines pleasure and health, the shrimp tartlet in a pot with grated rainbow beet salad stands out. Not only does it offer a delicious flavor combination, but it also offers several health benefits thanks to its nutrient-rich ingredients.
1. Baby new potatoes
These small potatoes are not only delicious but also rich in nutrients. They are a great source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and helps maintain healthy skin. They also provide fiber, potassium and vitamin B6, supporting heart health and digestion.
The combination of whole eggs and an additional yolk in this recipe gives the dish a creamy consistency. Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and contain important nutrients including vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They support brain function, promote healthy vision and contribute to muscle repair and growth.
3. Brown shrimp
The cooked and peeled shrimp give the pie a unique seafood flavor. Shrimp is low in calories and a great source of lean protein. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which support heart health and reduce inflammation in the body.
4. Chervil, dill or parsley
The small handful of herbs used in this recipe, whether chervil, dill, or parsley, not only enhance the flavor but also provide health benefits. These herbs are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They have anti-inflammatory properties and can help protect against chronic diseases.
5. Rainbow beetroot
The colorful beetroot adds liveliness to the grated salad. It contains beneficial compounds such as betalains, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Beetroot also supports digestive health, helps regulate blood pressure and can increase exercise performance.
6. Canola oil
Using canola oil in dressing offers a healthier alternative to other oils. It contains a favorable balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, essential for cardiovascular health. It is also rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and supports skin health.
The small basket of cress as a garnish is not only visually appealing, but also full of nutrients. Cress is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, as well as minerals such as calcium and iron. It can help boost the immune system and improve digestion.
Next time you make this Pot Shrimp Tart Salad with Shredded Rainbow Beet Salad, enjoy the delicious flavors and the numerous health benefits it offers. Remember that healthy eating can be both delicious and nutritious!