Introducing our delicious Shrimp Spring Roll Wraps, the perfect choice for a light and refreshing meal or tasty snack. Made with fresh, juicy shrimp and a variety of crunchy vegetables, these spring roll wraps offer a wealth of flavors and textures. Enjoy them with a sweet chili sauce on the side, which adds a delicious sweetness and a touch of heat. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a filling snack, our Shrimp Spring Roll Wraps are a healthy and filling option. Treat yourself to the perfect balance of flavors today!
- 1 bunch of dried thread rice noodles (approx. 60 g)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g pack of fresh stir-fry vegetables – opt for a leafy mix
- half-finger-length fresh ginger root, grated
- small bunch of coriander, stems finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
- 200 g raw, peeled shrimp, halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, plus extra for serving
- 8 small filo pastry sheets
- 1 tbsp sesame (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan.
- Stir-fry vegetables, ginger and coriander stalks for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook until almost cooked but still a little crispy.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, 1 minute.
- Stir in sweet chili sauce, coriander leaves and noodles.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush 4 sheets of filo with a little oil.
- Cover with remaining leaves.
- Mound a quarter of the shrimp mixture along the narrow edge of each leaf.
- Fold over the edges.
- Roll up to make 4 large spring rolls.
- The spring rolls can be frozen for up to 1 month; Defrost thoroughly before cooking.
- Brush with the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using.
- Bake on a baking sheet, seam side down, for 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a green salad.
- Add a dollop of additional chili sauce on the side.
Equipment and tools
- Small pot
- frying pan
- Pastry brush
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Crustaceans (shrimp)
Please check the label on the sweet chili sauce for other possible allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Shrimp Spring Roll Wraps
Shrimp spring roll wraps are not only delicious but also offer numerous health benefits. This delicious dish is a combination of fresh vegetables, shrimp and rice noodles wrapped in light and crispy filo dough. Let’s explore some of the health benefits of the key ingredients:
Dried rice noodles
Dried rice noodles, which form the base of this dish, offer a gluten-free alternative to wheat noodles. They are low in fat and contain important nutrients such as manganese, potassium and magnesium. These noodles are also a good source of fiber, which promotes better digestion and maintains a healthy weight.
Fresh stir-fried vegetables
The fresh stir-fry vegetables used in shrimp spring roll wraps add to their nutritional value. The leaf mixture contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid and iron. This vegetable is low in calories and high in fiber, which helps control weight and improve digestive health.
Fresh root ginger
Including fresh ginger roots in this recipe adds flavor and brings health benefits. Ginger has long been used for its medicinal properties, including its ability to relieve nausea and reduce inflammation. It also contains gingerol, a bioactive compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Adding cilantro to shrimp spring roll wraps not only improves the taste but also provides nutritional benefits. Cilantro is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as antioxidants that help fight off harmful free radicals in the body. It also has antibacterial properties and can aid digestion.
Raw peeled shrimps
The main source of protein in this dish is raw, peeled shrimp. Shrimp is low in saturated fat, making it a healthier alternative to meat. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Shrimp also contain important minerals such as selenium, zinc and copper.
Sweet chili sauce
The sweet chili sauce as a dip gives the spring rolls a wonderfully spicy taste. Although it should be consumed in moderation due to its sugar content, it may contain a small dose of capsaicin, a compound found in chili peppers that has potential metabolism-stimulating and pain-relieving properties.
The thin and crispy filo dough used to wrap the ingredients in this recipe offers a lighter alternative to traditional spring roll wrappers. It contains less fat and calories and still provides a satisfying crunch. Filo dough is also a good source of iron, folic acid and vitamin B6.
Sesame seeds (optional)
Adding sesame seeds to the shrimp spring roll wraps not only adds a nutty flavor but also provides additional health benefits. Sesame seeds are rich in manganese, copper, calcium and magnesium. They also contain lignans, a type of plant compound with antioxidant properties that can help reduce inflammation and support heart health.