This quick meal for one is the perfect way to warm up an evening. Enjoy the aromatic flavors of shrimp and coconut in a delicious laksa. With its rich and creamy broth, this dish will satisfy your craving for something comforting and flavorful. The combination of shrimp and spices creates a harmony of flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Don’t miss this quick and easy to make recipe that will bring warmth and satisfaction to your dinner table.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 100g raw shrimp, any size
- 165 ml can of coconut milk
- 100 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g dried egg noodles
- chopped coriander for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- When hot, add garlic, spring onions, ginger and green chili.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then squeeze in the lime juice.
- Stir in the shrimp, then add the coconut milk and broth.
- Simmer gently over low heat for 5 minutes until the shrimp are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook your egg noodles in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes until tender.
- Drain and then add to the laksa pan.
- Season to taste and then serve in a bowl with coriander.
Equipment and tools
To make the shrimp and coconut laksa recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Stove or hob
- Frying pan or wok
- Garlic crusher or knife for mincing garlic
- Spoon or spatula for stirring
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- tin opener
- Bowl for serving
Shrimp Coconut Laksa Recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Shellfish (shrimp)
- Coconut milk
Please check the labels of the ingredients you use to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover shrimp coconut laksa, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the laksa to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the laksa to an airtight container.
- Store the laksa in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If you want to consume it, reheat the laksa thoroughly before consuming it.
Note: The texture and taste of the laksa may change slightly after cooling.
Health Benefits of Shrimp Coconut Laksa
When it comes to delicious and filling meals, Prawn & Coconut Laksa is a dish that offers both taste and health benefits. This Southeast Asian-inspired recipe features a blend of aromatic ingredients, resulting in a nutritious and flavorful soup.
The recipe calls for a clove of garlic, which not only enhances the taste but also provides several health benefits. Garlic is known for its ability to boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease. It also contains antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
The addition of fresh ginger root in this laksa recipe provides a warming and distinctive taste. Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, aids digestion and relieves sore muscles. It can also help reduce nausea and relieve symptoms of respiratory illnesses.
3. Green chili
The green chillies used in the recipe give the laksa a spicy touch. Chilies are packed with capsaicin, a compound that offers numerous health benefits. Capsaicin is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which boost metabolism and potentially reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
The juice of half a lime not only adds a tangy tang to the laksa, but also provides a dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is important for a healthy immune system, skin health and promoting iron absorption. It also acts as an antioxidant, protecting the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
This recipe calls for 100g of raw shrimp, which are an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, maintaining healthy hair and nails, and supporting proper hormone function. Shrimp is also low in fat and calories, making it a nutritious choice.
6. Coconut milk
Coconut milk gives the laksa a creamy and rich texture while providing health benefits. It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), a type of healthy fat that can boost metabolism and help you lose weight. In addition, coconut milk may have antibacterial and antiviral properties.
7. Dried egg noodles
Incorporating dried egg noodles into this recipe adds a filling and savory component to this recipe. Pasta is a good source of carbohydrates that provide energy to the body. However, it is important to consume them in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Finally, the laksa is garnished with chopped coriander, also known as cilantro. Coriander is an herb rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It can aid digestion, reduce inflammation, and even have antibacterial properties.
With its combination of aromatic spices, lean protein and nutrient-dense ingredients, Prawn & Coconut Laksa not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers a range of health benefits. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious soup as part of a balanced diet.