Treat yourself to the irresistible taste of our shrimp and tomato stew with gremolata topping. This delicious fish casserole is full of succulent shrimp coated in a rich tomato sauce that will delight your taste buds.
But what sets this dish apart is the heavenly Italian garnish of fresh parsley and zesty lemon zest that adds a touch of sparkle to every bite.
This tempting stew not only offers a sensational taste experience, but can also boast impressive health benefits. Thanks to the low fat content and reduced number of calories, you can enjoy every spoonful without feeling guilty.
Perfect for a casual dinner or gathering with loved ones, our Shrimp and Tomato Stew with Gremolata Topping is a seafood lover’s dream come true. Dive into a bowl full of flavor and nutrients without sacrificing taste or nutritional value.
- 500g new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- a pinch of chili flakes
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml white wine
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 400 g raw king prawns, peeled
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salted baby capers, rinsed
- large handful of parsley, chopped
- toasted bread for serving
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until cooked through but still firm, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and, when cool enough to handle, cut into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over low-medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, anchovy and chilli, season and cook until soft, 8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes, wine and stock and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, capers and potatoes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and are just cooked through.
- Mix the parsley and lemon zest and sprinkle over the stew.
- Serve with toasted bread for dipping.
Equipment and tools
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- cutting board
- Garlic press or knife for mincing garlic
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- tin opener
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- Zester or grater for lemon peel
- Bowl for gremolata
- Toaster for toasting bread
This recipe contains the following common allergens:
- Anchovy fillets
Please check whether the ingredients you use from each brand contain additional allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, reheat the stew on the stove until warmed through.
Do not freeze the stew as the consistency of the shrimp may change when thawed.
The Health Benefits of Shrimp and Tomato Stew with Gremolata Topping
Shrimp and Tomato Stew with Gremolata Topping is not only a delicious and comforting meal but also offers numerous health benefits. This hearty and nutritious dish combines the goodness of shrimp, tomatoes, and a flavorful gremolata topping. Let’s explore the health benefits each of these key ingredients offers.
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein and is low in saturated fat and calories. They are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which play a crucial role in heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, shrimp are a good source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, vitamin E, selenium and zinc, which are essential for proper immune function, cell growth and general well-being.
Using tomatoes in this stew offers a number of health benefits. Tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants, including lycopene, which is known to reduce the risk of certain cancers. Lycopene also has positive effects on heart health and can help lower cholesterol levels. Additionally, tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, as well as potassium and folic acid, all of which contribute to a healthy immune system, strong bones, and improved digestion. The high fiber content in tomatoes can also promote satiety and help with weight control.
The gremolata topping gives the stew a special flavor and additional health benefits. Gremolata is typically made with lemon zest, garlic, and parsley, each of which offers its own unique benefits. Lemon peel contains essential oils, antioxidants, and vitamin C, which can boost the immune system and support healthy skin. Garlic is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can help fight off infections and boost the immune system. Finally, parsley is rich in vitamins A, C and K, as well as folic acid and iron, making it a great addition to a balanced diet.
In conclusion, shrimp and tomato stew with gremolata topping is not only a delicious culinary experience but also a nutritious choice. The combination of shrimp, tomatoes and the aromatic gremolata topping creates a meal rich in proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Including this dish in your diet can contribute to heart health, a strong immune system, improved digestion and overall well-being.