Shrimp and Leek Frittata is the ultimate solution for a quick and delicious weeknight meal. With just four simple ingredients, this frittata recipe is quick to make and bursting with incredible flavor. Forget plain omelettes because this dish is in the spotlight. Perfectly complemented with a refreshing salad or with a slice of crusty bread, this frittata will be your lifesaver on busy evenings. Its simplicity and flavor make it a standout choice and provide a satisfying and healthy dining experience.”
- 3 large leeks
- 150g pack of raw, peeled king prawns
- 5 large eggs
- 120g garlic and herb cream cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Slice the leek, add it to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute more.
- Whisk the eggs and stir in half of the cream cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the shrimp and leeks.
- Spread the remaining cheese over it.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Finally, grill under a medium-hot grill for 2 minutes until slightly wobbly.
Equipment and tools
- Large frying pan
- cutting board
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Seafood (shrimp)
- Dairy products (garlic herb cream cheese)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, be sure to store them properly to preserve freshness. Allow the frittata to cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, gently warm the frittata in a skillet over low heat until warmed through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Shrimp and Leek Frittata
When it comes to a tasty and nutritious dish, the shrimp and leek frittata takes the spotlight. Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, but it also offers several health benefits that make it a great addition to your regular diet. Let’s take a closer look at the most important ingredients and their individual contribution to a balanced diet:
A member of the Allium vegetable family, leeks are not only delicious but also full of essential nutrients. Known for their mild, onion-like flavor, these long, greenish-white stems offer numerous health benefits. This is what leeks bring to the table:
- Vitamin C: Leeks are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system, collagen production and strong connective tissue.
- Fiber: Due to its high fiber content, leek supports digestion and promotes a feeling of satiety, which has a positive effect on weight control.
- Antioxidants: Leeks contain various antioxidants such as polyphenols and kaempferol, which help protect cells from oxidative stress and inflammation.
Prawns, also known as shrimp, are a versatile seafood delicacy that gives this frittata recipe a unique flavor. In addition to being delicious, shrimp also offers several health benefits:
- Protein: Shrimp are an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is important for tissue repair, muscle growth and overall health.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These small crustaceans contain omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA and DHA, which have positive effects on heart health, brain function and reducing inflammation.
- Vitamins and minerals: Shrimp are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, which are necessary for various body functions.
Eggs are a staple in many recipes, including this frittata, adding both flavor and nutrition. This is why eggs are considered a healthy addition to your diet:
- Complete Protein: Eggs are a complete source of protein and provide all the essential amino acids necessary for the growth and maintenance of cells and tissues.
- Choline: Egg yolks are an excellent source of choline, an essential nutrient that plays an important role in brain development, memory and metabolism.
- Antioxidants: Eggs contain various antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which have positive effects on eye health and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
4. Cream cheese with garlic and herbs
This frittata recipe uses garlic-herb cream cheese to add flavor to the dish, but also offers some health benefits:
- Probiotics: Cream cheese made from live and active cultures provides probiotics that promote a healthy gut by increasing beneficial bacteria and aiding digestion.
- Calcium: Cream cheese contains calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth, muscle function and nerve transmission.
- Vitamin B12: Some cream cheeses are fortified with vitamin B12, which is important for producing red blood cells and maintaining a healthy nervous system.
This Shrimp and Leek Frittata recipe combines these nutritious ingredients into a delicious dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits. Try it and enjoy a hearty and healthy meal!