Indulge in the flavors of the Mediterranean with our delicious Lemon Rosemary Traybake Lamb recipe. This one-skillet dinner features juicy chops, tender new potatoes, vibrant peppers, tangy olives and capers, making it a perfect dish to enjoy.
Not only does this recipe provide an explosion of flavor, but it also contributes to a healthy lifestyle by providing two of your 5 meals per day. The combination of aromatic rosemary and zesty lemon permeates the lamb and vegetables, creating a truly filling and healthy meal.
Serve this easy-to-prepare sheet cake and treat yourself to an unforgettable culinary experience full of Mediterranean delicacies.
- 1½ lemons, peeled and juiced, ½ sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 6 rosemary sprigs, picked from 4 branches and chopped
- 8 lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 500g new potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 4 small vine tomatoes, halved
- 50g black olives
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- Mix lemon zest and juice with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary leaves and spices.
- Add the lamb chops, flip them over, then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes if you have time.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Mix the potatoes with ½ tbsp olive oil and some spices.
- Place the potatoes in a large, shallow baking dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mold and shake to loosen the potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with peppers, lemon slices, rosemary sprigs and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and some spices.
- Put the dish back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the lamb chops on top of the vegetables.
- Scatter the olives and capers over the lamb and vegetables.
- Cook for the final 10-12 minutes, turning the lamb halfway through, until just pink.
- Serve straight from the bowl.
Equipment and tools
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Garlic press or meat grinder
- Tongs or spatula
This recipe contains the following allergens:
If you have special dietary requirements, please check the ingredient list and consult a doctor if necessary.
Storage and leftovers
Follow these guidelines to store leftover Lemon & Rosemary Traybake Lamb:
- Allow the dish to cool completely.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When ready to eat, heat the lamb in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Lemon Rosemary Traybake Lamb
Sheet Pan Lamb with Lemon and Rosemary is not only a delicious and flavorful dish but also offers several health benefits. The combination of fresh ingredients not only provides an explosion of flavor, but also provides important nutrients that promote general well-being. Let’s explore the health benefits of each ingredient:
Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system. It helps fight colds, reduces inflammation and promotes healthy skin. The zesty taste of lemons adds a tangy note to the dish while providing antioxidant properties that protect the body from harmful free radicals.
Olive oil, especially when used in moderation, can be part of a healthy diet. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy fats. These fats can help lower bad cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. As a source of healthy fats, olive oil also supports the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Not only does garlic provide a delicious taste, but it also offers numerous health benefits. It contains compounds with antibacterial and antifungal properties that help fight off infections. Garlic may also have potential cardiovascular benefits by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Rosemary is a fragrant herb that adds an earthy flavor to the dish. It contains antioxidants that help protect the body’s cells from damage caused by free radicals. In addition, rosemary can improve digestion and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Lamb is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair. It contains important nutrients such as iron, zinc and vitamin B12, which are vital for various body functions. However, it is recommended to remove excess fat from pieces of lamb to keep the dish lean and healthy.
New potatoes are low in fat and a good source of fiber. They provide important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and potassium. The peel of new potatoes contains fiber and antioxidants. Therefore, it is advisable to keep the shell intact to obtain the maximum nutritional value.
Red peppers are packed with vitamins, especially vitamin C and vitamin A. They are also a rich source of antioxidants that help neutralize harmful free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body. Red peppers contribute to eye health, support the immune system and can help with weight control.
Vine tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are particularly high in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, including prostate and breast cancer. In addition, tomatoes are low in calories and can contribute to a balanced diet.
Black olives contain healthy monounsaturated fats that may help improve heart health by lowering LDL cholesterol levels. They are also a good source of vitamin E and antioxidants, which protect cells from oxidative stress. Olives add a salty flavor to the dish while providing these beneficial nutrients.
Capers are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They contain quercetin, a flavonoid with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Capers may also provide potential health benefits such as: B. improving digestion and supporting liver health.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, the Sheet Lamb with Lemon and Rosemary not only delights the palate, but also contributes to a balanced and healthy diet. Enjoy this tasty dish knowing it offers important nutrients and potential health benefits.